“Excellent Service. Huge Rooms. Location Decent.”

Dallas Marriott Suites Medical/Market Center
Ranked #55 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Excellent Service. Huge Rooms. Location Decent.”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed at the Marriott Suites this week for a work trip. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel service. The front desk crew went above and beyond to make sure I had a nice stay. My room (suite) was HUGE with two large flat screen TVs and a nice bathroom. The hotel is right across the street from the Children's Hospital. If you need to be in North Dallas, this hotel is about 15 minutes out of the way. My ONLY complaint is that the coffee maker in my room was wonky and produced a moldy water.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed during Labor Day weekend while attending a convention.
Front Desk brought a microwave and plates to the room upon request. Could also have requested a safe for our valuables.
Shuttle service from hotel to convention was free which really helped us in managing our days at the convention.
Denny's is very conveniently located just around the corner, within easy walking distance from the hotel.
Staff was friendly and engaging and brought me some free coffee while I was waiting on breakfast that I had ordered.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Kansas, United States
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in January when we were in town for the Cottonbowl. We were hesitant because we didn't plan to get a car for such a short trip and do not regret staying there at all. We called the hotel once we arrived to Dallas and within a few short minutes (maybe 10) they were there to pick us up. The hotel was so modern and just NICE, couldn't have asked for better. We had a few drinks at the bar and the staff there were very friendly as well. There is a gas station just a few doors down if you need any extras that are provided in the hotel (beer, snacks, etc). I think the shuttle is what made our trip the best. The drivers were so friendly and full of information that we enjoyed are trip even more with the suggestions they made on places to go, things to do, and places to eat at. GREAT PLACE!

Being a mother of four I generally hear all sounds in the night, but slept like a baby both nights we were there. No noise complaints here. (also the hotel was at capacity when we booked full of KSTATE and Arkansas fans and we never noticed any noise problems)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
CO
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is a hotel with very roomy suite rooms and the typical “Marriott level of surroundings. Although not the most modern furnishings, the bed was heavenly and the room was clean and everything was in working order. We were there on a week day and it was not full, so we enjoyed a quiet and very good late lunch in the restaurant. The pool was clean and grounds were well kept. This building is along the freeway so we requested a suite on the opposite side and it was peaceful.
This would be a great “convention” hotel. With 265 suites they can handle a pretty big group. Meeting and complete business services are available. Although not in downtown Dallas, it’s located near Love Field and the Dallas Medical District. Shuttle service to the near by area is available.
We had spent the first 4 nights in downtown Dallas at the Hyatt Reunion Tower for a convention and the Marriott’s service was better, hands down. For us we were treated great by the hotel and restaurant staff going above and beyond to make our stay perfect. A great experience and end to our Dallas stay.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, request to be away from the freeway.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel. As a Marriott platinum member I was a bit disappointed. The hotel overall is well maintained. The arrival experience was good. They had the room ready upon arrival.

The rooms are spacious and nicely laid out. My only complaint is they do not have speaker phones on the desk. As a business traveler having a nice phone in the room is much needed. The concierge lounge is ok but nothing fancy or outstanding compare to other Marriott properties.

• Stayed August 2012
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was my first stay in this hotel, and I was very pleased. The lobby and all entrances were well decorated and there was a 24 hour 'store' near the front desk where you could buy snacks and basic necessities. Also, they had a nice looking business center that was in its own separate area rather than being a few computers out in the lobby. The room was very large (I believe it was 600 sq. ft.) and clean. Another reviewer used the word 'crisp' which is a perfect description. The bathroom was also very large and modern looking. The bed was comfortable and I loved the comforter. There were two tvs - one in the living room area, which also had a pull out couch, and one in the bedroom. We were in a room facing the I-35E so there was traffic noise, however it wasn't problematic for us. I did not eat in the restaraunt but they did have a nice bar area and lots of sitting areas in the lobby. All the employees were friendly and helpful. The parking lot had plenty of light, a gate - although it automatically opened when a car came near, and a security guard walking around. Not being from the area, I have no idea if it's a safe area or not, but I always felt safe walking around the parking area.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the highway will have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas, United States
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My husband and I flew into Love Field for the Cotton Bowl game in January. Thanks to the convenience of the shuttle we didn't have to rent a car at all. It picked us up at the airport, took us to the hotel, and then took us to downtown Dallas for shopping, dinner, etc. We did take a taxi out to the game but that only cost $20. Hotel was nice, clean and the staff was very helpful. Cozy, comfy beds too! I was afraid of booking something there without a car, but this place is AWESOME!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple