“Another Successful Stay”

Ranked #68 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Glendale, Wisconsin
“Another Successful Stay”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Steady and comfortable, as usual. We have enjoyed the Courtyard brand across the country over the past few years, and this one did not disappoint. Great location, although the expressway noise does take something away from the pool area, tech friendly,friendly staff and a nice Bistro for breakfast.
My daughter forgot a necklace in the room after we checked out and following a phone call two hours later, the receptionist ran up to the room, retrieved it and brought it down to the front desk where I picked it up. Can't always get that service everywhere!
Another successful Courtyard stay!

Room Tip: Try to stay on side opposite the expressway.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Marman99
Lynn M, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Central Expressway, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel. It was so kind of you to mention our staff service. This is something we often hear and very much appreciate. It helps our Team to have more pride and work even harder to make a difference. Please join us again soon.
Lynn Martin General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at this property on 2 different occasions. The property is overall very clean and comfortable. The staff are friendly and very helpful. It is only 2 blocks away from the Carrell Clinic which is why we stayed there. Price is reasonable on Sunday's and a little less than reasonable during the week unless you have a rate like the Carrell Clinic has. Overall I was satisfied.

Room Tip: Tell staff you want to stay on the back side so you won't here the traffic from 75 (Central Expr...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Lynn M, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Central Expressway, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel, not once, but again. You are correct; our location is perfectly situated for those going to Texas Health Resources, Carrell Clinic and so many other great facilities. The nicest part about staying with us is that our team cares for each and every guest. You can stay here to go to the health care facilities and still enjoy a mini vacation. We look forward to your return. Have a great day!
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The hotel is conveniently located near the expressway which is a plus. I would say that I have stayed at other Courtyard's that have been a little nicer. The staff was friendly but I thought the room was a bit noisy. This is an average hotel for the cost. If you need to stay in the area and need something near the freeway give it a try.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Your opinions and experiences matter. We support you in your quest for a relaxing and productive stay. We hope that you will return in the future, however: we understand if you are searching for a different experience. Have a wonderful day.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 19, 2014

My daughter and I arrived and were greeted at the front desk with a smile that lasted for about one minute. After getting my id/credit card/room keys and pointing me in the direction of the elevators we were told of the bistro/bar behind us that is open until ten. And since then, that's been about the nicest thing I can find to this place. We are staying here as part of a larger group so this is not a place I would have chosen on my own. Still I came with an open mind. I understand you "get what you pay for". I would think for the price, we could have a refrigerator/microwave at least. To list a few of the issues I have: the highway noise is awful! Request a room facing west! Also, east facing rooms cannot see the parking lot which is an issue with me. The beds are not comfortable. The pillows are nonexistent piles of would be fluff. The linens are thin as well. The entire third flood smells of sulfur.
Overall, I will not be staying with Courtyard Marriot again. My money can be used with another facility that has more to offer for the same price.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank kpryor89
Please accept my apology for failing to meet your expectations. This must have been so disappointing. We take our role in your experience very seriously. Please continue to choose Marriott; we appreciate you for being a loyal guest.
Park City, Utah
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stay in this chain a lot and say what you will about consistency, not every Courtyard Marriott is the same. This one is very nice, conveniently located, clean and friendly. There is a bit of freeway noise that can be annoying if you are on that side but for once the AC isn't so loud that it wakes one from a dead sleep! There is also a nice lake with walking and hiking trails about 6 miles away… lovely for some outdoor exercise. White rock lake is the name and the front desk will provide a map.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the back side away from the freeway noise
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your endorsement. We know that we cater to different travelers who have specific needs. We hope to fulfill as many as possible. Our hotel is located in an area with so many opportunities for business, shopping, sports and entertainment. Thank you for mentioning White Rock Lake. Lake Grapevine is about 35 minutes away. There are hiking trails and picnic areas just over the dam.
We look forward to your return.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Wonderful and affordable stay for GW Bush Library and MetroRail to Downtown Dallas. Bistro is reasonably priced. Staff could not have been more friendly. Nearby shopping at Park Lane was very convenient drive as well. Hit Whole Foods there for breakfast before heading south to Austin. Will be better when northern Interstate routes are finished with repairs.

Room Tip: Ask for a Westside or back room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you.It is always nice to hear that we have helped you to have a great stay. Whole Foods has a great deli area and some excellent wines. We are so close to the George Bus Library too. Next time you might enjoy our Dallas Museum of Art or the Perot Museum. The Go Board in the hotel lobby can provide some great options for the out of town guest. Welcome back soon!
FORT SMITH, AR
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Super clean and the entire staff was exceptional. Even the maid noticed I had left a glass by the elevator and brought into our room when she finished cleaning. Even though her English was not that good, she was able to convey she had found it. I did have a major problem with the firmness of the bed. I have a bad back and need a very fluffy luxurious mattress. I have never had a problem with Courtyard beds before (although not as nice as the regular Marriott), but this one nearly crippled me! My husband had no problem (but he can sleep on a rock). It felt good until I tried to sleep on it so be aware. I regret that I will not be able to use this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ARSANDI
Thank you for deciding to stay with us. Our staff genuinely cares about our guests. We have very good news for you. The brand new plush mattress covers are here. Please join us again soon; we are certain that they will provide the comfort you are seeking. We know how important it is to sleep well.
Lynn Martin General Manager