“Favorite Dallas Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #63 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Burlington, North Carolina
“Favorite Dallas Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Whenever I travel to Dallas, I do my very best to stay at this hotel. Front desk staff and Bistro staff are always so helpful and polite. Rooms are always very clean. I rarely sleep well when I travel, but the beds are so comfortable that I get a GREAT nights sleep every night. I enjoy staying here so much, that I'm willing to commute all they way to Rockwall, whenever I come visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brad C, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Central Expressway, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for a great response. We appreciate you for providing your review in order for other travelers to enjoy a great night’s sleep. In addition, I know how far you have to travel to Rockwall and that amounts to a really big compliment.
Please consider this your Home Away From Home.
Brad Carroll, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
frederick, maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Convenient location; good service; nice rooms; standard Courtyard food and drinks (and Starbucks) offerings - good and quick service. Fast internet service. I was pleasantly amused by the rolled up towel "animal" that greeted me in my room (see photo).

The fitness room was quite small and the pool would not be suitable for lap swimming. Nice outdoor patio with comfortable couches and coffee tables - this was a nice touch.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brad C, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Central Expressway, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed the fresh outdoor space including the swimming pool. The patio seating experienced with a glass of wine or a Starbucks from the Bistro is a great way to pass a relaxing evening. You can enjoy a light meal right before you slip between the cool cotton sheets. Our hotel is so quiet which helps to make those who have to experience the hectic pace of travel today relaxed and productive.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon. Brad Carroll, General Manager
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

My friend and I stayed her 2 nights, our intent was to visit the GW Bush Library. However the Government shutdown changed our plans, but Front Desk Agent Wendy made our stay wonderful by suggesting places to visit instead. The hotel was clean, very nicely decorated and well maintained. We plan on returning to Dallas, and will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for making our hotel your first destination when visiting Dallas. Please consider joining us again when you plan to visit the Presidential Library. There are so many great venues in Dallas. We have the Dallas Arboretum, Majestic Theatre, American Airlines Center and many others. Our Associates enjoy helping our guests plan memorable events. Please join us again soon in order to experience more memorable times. Brad Carroll, General Manager
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had read the reviews and had contacted a few reviewers who highly recommended this hotel.

Very impressed with the location in relation to our plans for a Friday and Saturday in Dallas - a concert at the Gexa Energy Pavilion, the Dallas World Aquarium, and the Dallas Museum of Art. Everything was easily accessible within minutes from the hotel just north of downtown and near SMU.

Our front desk clerk, Wendy, greeted us upon our arrival. During our check-in my niece noticed that the Bistro area served Starbucks. She headed that way and was disappointed to find that the area was closed for approximately another 30 minutes. Wendy told her that she would gladly help her out as soon as our check-in was complete. After we received our key card Wendy then went to the Bistro and proceeded to whip up a white chocolate mocha for my niece. Who knew the desk clerk would also be a barista! Big points for Wendy!

Check-in was a breeze and we found our room easily. Several reviewers had suggested to ask for a room towards the back of the hotel due to the proximity to the highway. Excellent suggestion as our room turned out to be very, very quiet although I don't think the noise level in the front would be anything disruptive.

When we returned from the concert on Friday we were able to shop from the "Market" area near the front desk. A little pricey for some things, but you pay for convenience. Happy to be able to snag a soda and some snacks before heading upstairs.

The beds are extremely comfy from the pillows to duvet to mattresses. I slept better than I had in months.

Saturday morning my niece headed downstairs to fetch more Starbucks (slight addiction) and also grabbed me one of their pineapple parfaits from the Bistro. On the way to the elevators she had three different employees offer to get her a carrier for her drinks and food. The parfait was excellent and I wish I had one every morning for breakfast.

We checked out by 10 a.m. It was a short, whirlwind trip and this hotel made it even more enjoyable during the small downtime we had between activities.

Really impressed with the style, service, location, safety, value and comfort. It had everything we needed, when we needed it for a more than reasonable price. The best hotel customer service and best hotel stay I've had in my travels.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the property are quieter and a higher floor has less foot traffic. Parking is...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brad C, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Central Expressway, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
This was a really great review! Thank you so much for recognizing Wendy, our team and our hotel. That very spirit of generosity and care is reflected in the work of each and every associate. The result is a stay that is so memorable. Please join us again soon.
glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

First rate Hotel. Location chosen as I was visiting nearby SMU. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. The pool and gym were adequate as were the business facilities and free wireless. Parking was also free. Coffee was free until 10am. I did not use the restaurant, preferring to go to local bakeries and restaurants. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: A room away from the side facing the expressway may have a more pleasing outlook but I wasn't aw...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brad C, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Central Expressway, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for such a great review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. There are some really great choices for dining in the area, including our Bistro .This area is known for world class restaurants, shopping and entertainment. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Totally impressed with the level of service I received at this hotel. The front-desk clerks were top-notch and never failed to refer to me by name. They were always willing to offer assistance and saved me a number of times with maps & directions with the lobby's interactive TV/internet system. The free internet in the room had great reception and the cable was good as well. The newly remodeled guest rooms and lobby were very nice. The lobby had a nice vibe and made you want to hang out there. Food served in the restaurant is also good. Parking was plentiful and seemed safe.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brad C, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Central Expressway, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for such a great review. It is always a pleasure to hear from a guest who has really enjoyed their stay with us. Our team takes a lot of pride in what they do. We care very much for each and every guest. Please join us again soon and allow us to serve you.
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Went to Dallas to visit my daughter in grad school at UT-Dallas. This location is perfectly situated about 2 miles from her apartment. There are tons of places to eat nearby and plenty of shopping areas. Close by is Dave and Busters for entertainment. This is close to SMU and downtown Dallas. Just to the North is the Galleria. Be sure to check out Central Market only a couple of miles away..awesome place.

Room Tip: Higher floor and towards the back of the hotel is nice as it is away from the expressway. With the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brad C, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Central Expressway, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing to spend this time with us while your child is at Grad school. It is important to know that you are retuning to a location that has so much to offer. We look forward to your next visit.