“Excellent Hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas I-35 Walnut Hill Ln
Ranked #82 of 204 Hotels in Dallas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This Hotel could not have been worse!! From the moment we walked in the door there were problems.. Our reservations were not found when we arrived. We asked for two beds, non smoking, they gave us a one bed on the smoking floor and said that was all they had. Also our room was not clean on the next day. When we arrived the second night, our whole floor smelled of marijuana and again they said there was nothing they could do and spayed fabreeze. the next morning there was no water and said it was normal because everyone showered at the same time and told me to wait to shower!! Also there is a night club right next door and people party all night right next door!! horrible!! horrible!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mayra R
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a whole week while in the area doing some specialty construction work. From the moment we arrived until we checked out, the staff was always friendly and so very accommodating to our every request. This hotel has been recently updated and it is being kept in pristine condition ... very clean overall, upscale furnishings, security patrol in parking areas all night long. We had a two room suite and the bed and pillow were most comfortable. The linens were of fine quality. The hot breakfast buffet every morning ... 7 days a week .... is outstanding. Eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, hash-browns, biscuits and gravy, make your own Belgium waffle, several kinds of cold cereal, microwave oatmeal, fresh fruity, yogurt, 4 juices, lots of hot coffee! ALL COMPLIMENTARY To our great surprise, there is a complimentary "Happy Hour" monday - Thursday from 5:30PM - 7PM. Always hot food items, 3 beers or 3 glasses of wine per guest. TIP => If you tip the Happy Hour hostess, you can expand your complimentary beverage consumption. There are fresh-baked cookies at the front desk everyday. There is Denny's just across the parking lot that is very good. Across the street is a Burger King. Across form BK, there is a Mexican restaurant and a place called "Wild Turkey" ... a sports bar/eatery that features Cajun food ... very New Orleans style! I will stay at this hotel every time I am in the area doing work!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the middle of the hotel to avoid the loud music that comes for BEAMERS ... on of t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hotel itself a great bargain--pool, game room, hot tub--great for families with kids. the location is in a rather iffy neighborhood, though. Large nightclub across parking lot. Nowhere,really, to walk dog.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

houston
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I had a very enjoyable one night stay at this property. Check in was quick and the staff was very friendly. Our room was clean and had all of the basics. The restroom was clean, as well with plenty of water pressure. Beds were very comfortable. The breakfast had a good variety of items and added to the value of the room. Free WIFI was much appreciated. It connected fast and made surfing very enjoyable. It is conveniently located right off the highway. I was able to get a room on the quiet side.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My overall stay was very pleasant. The ladies at the front desk were very nice and helpful. The room was very neat and clean. Everything worked great for me including the A/C, refrigerator and microwave.The breakfast was among some of the best I had eaten for a Hotel and the food bar was very clean. The only negative thing about my trip was all the construction around the area and the detours to the hotel. No fault of Hotel whatsoever. As close to the interstate as I was I never heard any road noise. Very satisfied for the price!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business