“Better than expected”

Ranked #82 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Miami, Florida
“Better than expected”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Was in area on business and stayed 5 nights in king full suite. I normally stay in Hampton Inn & Suites, however, since I was working at the nearby medical facility, this hotel offered the best location. The layout of the room was a little strange with the bathroom on the other side of the room from the bedroom, but the living room layout with nice large desk was very nice for work. Very comfortable room. Microwave and fridge with large TV in living / working area and another in bedroom. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom amenities were minimal. I usually find the towels to be inferior quality, however, was surprised that these towels were above average. Could not hear sounds from other rooms - which was great. I enjoyed having cut citrus & pineapple fruit available for breakfast. Location was great with high end shopping about 2 miles south. PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, other good chain restaurants. Staff was friendly and check in and check out was handled professionally.

Room Tip: Was on 3rd floor at end of hall - nice and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I am a chiropractor and I was here on buiness. I stayed in a suite. I was with my mother and they do NOT offer suites with 2 beds. This is strange from my past traveling experiences.
Our first night the old AC in the room made clatter all night because this place is poorly renovated. They make it look nice but old equipment is still here. The light switches are coming out of the walls. The next day, the AC, cable and Internet all went down for the day. We had to use stairs all day. The luggage carts get stuck due to poor wheel construction so plan to just carry your stuff to the room. On the last day the manager, Mr. Dutt Patel, told my mother and I, he was sorry but he could only offer one free night for the poor conditions and inconvenience. Mind you, many people left in the 4 days we were here but I was on business so I had to stay because it was close to my convention. I guess 2 nights would add too much to their loss. I will say the front desk girl Tab was very nice at least. But she had her hands tied.
Overall, don't waste your money. This place needs new management and they need to renovate the mechanics of this place, not just the aesthetics. Look elsewhere. Dallas has better places.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank RozRox
Austin TX
Reviewed June 27, 2011

This "new LQ" is recently refurbished - with modern decor. Very comfortable room, pleasant staff and much better than the standard LQ breakfast. A very nice experience.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business