All reviewssmu campusrooftop terracefree bikesfront deskpark citiesdirectly across the streetcool hotelmini barbush libraryhotel restaurantvisiting dallascar servicelobby areanice poolvalet parkinglarge roommile radius
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Lumen with my husband and kids. The suite we had was very, very spacious, comfortable and well appointed. The staff was amazingly friendly and helpful. The restaurant was great for breakfast, but newly reopened so a little slow on the service...food was yummy, though! The location is superb...right across the street from SMU and in the heart of the Park Cities. They, as all Kimpton Hotels, are very dog friendly! We had our Havanese puppy along and he was comfortable and welcomed. The rooms ate tile and wood, so great for a pet. I just feel sorry for the neighboring homeowners on Granada who have their front yards used by the Lumen guests' dogs.
My only negative is a small one...the sheets are so scratchy and rough, but I had my own pillow so that helped.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is a great hotel in the Park Cities area of Dallas. The rate is reasonable, the rooms and hotel has been newly renovated. I love the atmosphere! The restaurant The Front Room is new and the food is amazing! I have booked this hotel again for a second visit on business to Dallas. I would highly recommend staying at The Lumen!

Room Tip: Love the corner rooms!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

If you're looking for a hotel close to SMU I strongly recommend this hotel. It has been recently renovated and the rooms are spacious and new. I loved the ipod docking clock radio, the huge shower, the large flat screen tv and the new "smell"! The food at the restaurant was excellent and the staff was incredibly accommodating. I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We needed a place near SMU while relocating ---I was studying for a final and just needed a place to get away without all the boxes. The evening "Happy hour" was wonderful the staff was gracious our room had a DVD player which I needed to have prepare for my class. The first room we were given was small and overlooked the Seven Eleven---a no go--always ask--which I did....I was told it was "sold out" Sigh---I am so tired of that excuse to just stick you somewhere so I went downstairs and pushed on--surely someone had not been checked in with a "better" "standard" room?

Guess what? Suddenly there was a nicer room. Even being "Klimpton members" no favors without really pushing.

This hotel also had no resturant at the time it was nice and we were offered an array of take out menus of local places that delived but, sadly, the next day while out at the pool when I needed any kind of drink they said they could get me one beverage or " I COULD WALK ( in 100 degree heat and in my bathing suit I might add) over to the SEVEN ELEVEN and get something"

All I can say is Thank God they had ice buckets and I had bottled water! the pool area was very nice and the cabanas were great but, I have stayed at their "sister property" right up the street on Mockingbird and it blows this one away---The Palomar was much more gracious with their service and prices and the room far superior.

Am I picky? yes was it a nice place --well okay don't look for any favors and for goodness sake bring enough to eat and drink or "WALK over To SEVEN ELEVEN in your bathing suit!!!!

One final word the sedan service since I live near by was wonderful!

Room Tip: Get a pool view or a view of SMU not the SEVEN Eleven and roof top
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed at Hotel Lumen twice and both times have been great. The staff (Rachael and others) are very helpful and pleasant. The shuttle service is fantastic and readily available. I look forward to many more stays at the Lumen as my daughter goes through SMU.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family