$109
$99
$124
$112
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

$170
$125
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $148/night.

$159
Omni Dallas Hotel(Dallas)
$184
$169
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

$145
$102
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

$239
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewssmu campusrooftop terracehighland parkfree bikesfront deskpark citiesdirectly across the streetcool hotelmini barbush libraryhotel restaurantvisiting dallascar servicelobby areanice poolvalet parkinglarge room
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We needed a place near SMU while relocating ---I was studying for a final and just needed a place to get away without all the boxes. The evening "Happy hour" was wonderful the staff was gracious our room had a DVD player which I needed to have prepare for my class. The first room we were given was small and overlooked the Seven Eleven---a no go--always ask--which I did....I was told it was "sold out" Sigh---I am so tired of that excuse to just stick you somewhere so I went downstairs and pushed on--surely someone had not been checked in with a "better" "standard" room?

Guess what? Suddenly there was a nicer room. Even being "Klimpton members" no favors without really pushing.

This hotel also had no resturant at the time it was nice and we were offered an array of take out menus of local places that delived but, sadly, the next day while out at the pool when I needed any kind of drink they said they could get me one beverage or " I COULD WALK ( in 100 degree heat and in my bathing suit I might add) over to the SEVEN ELEVEN and get something"

All I can say is Thank God they had ice buckets and I had bottled water! the pool area was very nice and the cabanas were great but, I have stayed at their "sister property" right up the street on Mockingbird and it blows this one away---The Palomar was much more gracious with their service and prices and the room far superior.

Am I picky? yes was it a nice place --well okay don't look for any favors and for goodness sake bring enough to eat and drink or "WALK over To SEVEN ELEVEN in your bathing suit!!!!

One final word the sedan service since I live near by was wonderful!

Room Tip: Get a pool view or a view of SMU not the SEVEN Eleven and roof top
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed at Hotel Lumen twice and both times have been great. The staff (Rachael and others) are very helpful and pleasant. The shuttle service is fantastic and readily available. I look forward to many more stays at the Lumen as my daughter goes through SMU.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Over the past year, we have spent twenty nights at this hotel. The proximity to SMU is our favorite aspect of this property. The renovation and expansion are both great improvements. The new restaurant is a welcome upgrade. The staff is outstanding ( Nicki, Rachael, Filipe and Rosa). We look forward to our next visit next month.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed at the The Lumen, a Kimpton Hotel Saturday and Sunday Aug 4th and 5th with my mom and my two dogs. We were visiting my sister at SMU. The location is perfect as the hotel is right across the campus of SMU. I walked the dogs Sunday and Monday morning and evening and felt perfectly safe. The neighborhood around the hotel is really nice and quiet. Everyone I interacted with at the hotel was extremely friendly, professional, and helpful. I loved how the staff was so welcoming and nice to my golden retriever dog and my rat terrier dog. We had a fantastic room on the third floor that was extremely clean and beautiful. Their beds are lower than normal but still comfortable. Loved the modern trendy look of the hotel and room and most of all, I was extremely happy that I was able to stay in a super nice and comfortable hotel with my two dogs. The hotel did not charge me a fee for my dogs which was a plus. My overall experience was nothing but wonderful even with the hotel being under renovation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have stayed at, and enjoyed, Lumen's sister property in Dallas, ie-, Palomar, -- and Lumen did not disappoint. It is sleek and trendy as far as decor, and the staff is friendly, pleasant, and efficient, and very professional at the same time.
My room was amazing....I had a suite on the 3rd floor, that had automatic blinds, minimalist furnishings ( which I prefer), lots of space and lots of class.
The restaurant was under construction, so I didn't get to try the food.
I was in Dallas on business, but would stay at Lumen if in town for pleasure/vacation.
And the price was, in my view, a bargain for such a contemporary, clea, and sleek place to stay.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business