All reviewssmu campusrooftop terracefree bikesfront deskpark citiesdirectly across the streetcool hotelmini barbush libraryhotel restaurantvisiting dallascar servicelobby areanice poolvalet parkinglarge roommile radius
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed at Hotel Lumen twice and both times have been great. The staff (Rachael and others) are very helpful and pleasant. The shuttle service is fantastic and readily available. I look forward to many more stays at the Lumen as my daughter goes through SMU.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Over the past year, we have spent twenty nights at this hotel. The proximity to SMU is our favorite aspect of this property. The renovation and expansion are both great improvements. The new restaurant is a welcome upgrade. The staff is outstanding ( Nicki, Rachael, Filipe and Rosa). We look forward to our next visit next month.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed at the The Lumen, a Kimpton Hotel Saturday and Sunday Aug 4th and 5th with my mom and my two dogs. We were visiting my sister at SMU. The location is perfect as the hotel is right across the campus of SMU. I walked the dogs Sunday and Monday morning and evening and felt perfectly safe. The neighborhood around the hotel is really nice and quiet. Everyone I interacted with at the hotel was extremely friendly, professional, and helpful. I loved how the staff was so welcoming and nice to my golden retriever dog and my rat terrier dog. We had a fantastic room on the third floor that was extremely clean and beautiful. Their beds are lower than normal but still comfortable. Loved the modern trendy look of the hotel and room and most of all, I was extremely happy that I was able to stay in a super nice and comfortable hotel with my two dogs. The hotel did not charge me a fee for my dogs which was a plus. My overall experience was nothing but wonderful even with the hotel being under renovation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have stayed at, and enjoyed, Lumen's sister property in Dallas, ie-, Palomar, -- and Lumen did not disappoint. It is sleek and trendy as far as decor, and the staff is friendly, pleasant, and efficient, and very professional at the same time.
My room was amazing....I had a suite on the 3rd floor, that had automatic blinds, minimalist furnishings ( which I prefer), lots of space and lots of class.
The restaurant was under construction, so I didn't get to try the food.
I was in Dallas on business, but would stay at Lumen if in town for pleasure/vacation.
And the price was, in my view, a bargain for such a contemporary, clea, and sleek place to stay.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a 4th of July getaway with my boyfriend. We requested one of the nicer rooms on the top floor. It had a balcony facing downtown, separate living/kitchen and bedroom areas, and the bathroom featured a large soaking tub an AMAZING shower with multiple heads. It was a great stay all around and we were able to see fireworks from our balcony. This would be a very convenient location if you were visiting SMU or if you needed to be in close proximity to Highland Park. The are also a number of great restaurants nearby. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple