$274
$216
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $276/night.

$99
$112
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

$174
$151
Sheraton.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

$239
Westin.com
$168
$125
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

Fairmont Dallas(Dallas)
$147
$129
Omni Dallas Hotel(Dallas)
$184
$169
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

$191
$177
Hilton.com
$134
  • Restaurant
All reviewssmu campusrooftop terracehighland parkfree bikesfront deskpark citiesdirectly across the streetcool hotelmini barbush libraryhotel restaurantvisiting dallascar servicelobby areanice poolvalet parkinglarge room
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed at the The Lumen, a Kimpton Hotel Saturday and Sunday Aug 4th and 5th with my mom and my two dogs. We were visiting my sister at SMU. The location is perfect as the hotel is right across the campus of SMU. I walked the dogs Sunday and Monday morning and evening and felt perfectly safe. The neighborhood around the hotel is really nice and quiet. Everyone I interacted with at the hotel was extremely friendly, professional, and helpful. I loved how the staff was so welcoming and nice to my golden retriever dog and my rat terrier dog. We had a fantastic room on the third floor that was extremely clean and beautiful. Their beds are lower than normal but still comfortable. Loved the modern trendy look of the hotel and room and most of all, I was extremely happy that I was able to stay in a super nice and comfortable hotel with my two dogs. The hotel did not charge me a fee for my dogs which was a plus. My overall experience was nothing but wonderful even with the hotel being under renovation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have stayed at, and enjoyed, Lumen's sister property in Dallas, ie-, Palomar, -- and Lumen did not disappoint. It is sleek and trendy as far as decor, and the staff is friendly, pleasant, and efficient, and very professional at the same time.
My room was amazing....I had a suite on the 3rd floor, that had automatic blinds, minimalist furnishings ( which I prefer), lots of space and lots of class.
The restaurant was under construction, so I didn't get to try the food.
I was in Dallas on business, but would stay at Lumen if in town for pleasure/vacation.
And the price was, in my view, a bargain for such a contemporary, clea, and sleek place to stay.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a 4th of July getaway with my boyfriend. We requested one of the nicer rooms on the top floor. It had a balcony facing downtown, separate living/kitchen and bedroom areas, and the bathroom featured a large soaking tub an AMAZING shower with multiple heads. It was a great stay all around and we were able to see fireworks from our balcony. This would be a very convenient location if you were visiting SMU or if you needed to be in close proximity to Highland Park. The are also a number of great restaurants nearby. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Earlier this week I received a complimentary stay at the Lumen via small grant to do research at SMU. The hotel is very nice and clean. Valets are great (your only choice is valet). Rooms are fantastic. There is no open restaurant at this time, but several are within walking distance. A small number of cold sandwiches and salads can be ordered. My issue is with the staff. Upon arrival the hotel staff asked for a credit card (standard procedure)--due to recent issues with hotels holding open high amounts for up to thirty days I asked Ashley, the front desk agent if it would be hold or an imprint only (I prefer to leave a cash deposit rather than incur long holds on my card). She told me that there would not be any amount held open, that it would be imprint only. Well imagine my surprise when I found out they charge a $50 per day hold open on the card. Now my card is cancelled because I did not "authorize" the hold. I would stay there again, but I would NEVER give them credit card info. Also, don't let them arrange a car to DFW--it cost me $55 plus tip for the guy to show up fifteen minutes late.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank luvtrane
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is an old hotel that has been remodeled into a trendy looking Kimpton. Very pleasing decor, and nice staff but impractical for sleeping. Currently under renovation and finding the door to even get into the hotel is a challenge. No parking but valet. No restaurant currently but many in the area. They offered a very basic and free continental breakfast with some fruit and pastries but by the time we made it to the lobby right before time was up at 9:30 a.m. (on a weekend - it would have been nice if time was later), there wasn't much left. The happy hour is nice but no alternative beverages if you or someone traveling with you does not want or cannot drink wine or beer. They had water but nothing else. Room was lovely to look at but not for sleeping in. Large gap under the door so lots of hallway noise. Air Conditioner never cooled the room well even though we kept setting it lower and it turned on and off sporadically with lots of noise that made it difficult to sleep. Lights all around the outside windows so the glow comes into your room all night around the edges of the drapes. No tub - only a huge shower that you could fit 2 or 3 people in with one of the rain heads that look nice but do not work well for bathing or shampooing. No place to put your legs to shave. Pretty but flat sink that splashes water everywhere and can't be used for much. Fridge with pricey juices and a basket of pricey snacks on top ($5.00 or more for a granola bar or a bag of M & M's - go to the drugstores nearby or bring your own!). This could be a pricey problem for parents with kids or teens who help themselves before they realize the cost (listed on a small card laying on top) of all those drinks and snacks that appear to be free for the taking! Or try to explain to the kids the "intimacy kit" laying in that basket! Then the beds - huge wooden platform with a mattress on top. First you hit your shins on those corners every time you try to walk around them and then the mattress slides all over the place. When you try to sleep you realize they are hard as rock since there is no box spring! Rooms are very small so not much space for sitting or anything else. Wanted to like the hotel and the location is great for SMU but there are much better hotels with more room and better beds for a lower price a short drive away.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family