$112
HotelIndigo.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$99
$107
$98
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

$143
Omni Dallas Hotel(Dallas)
$156
$144
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $203/night.

Fairmont Dallas(Dallas)
$224
$129
Fairmont.com
$142
$105
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

$287
$266
Hilton.com
$222
$192
$189
  • Restaurant
All reviewssmu campusrooftop terracehighland parkfree bikesfront deskpark citiesdirectly across the streetcool hotelmini barbush libraryhotel restaurantvisiting dallascar servicelobby areanice poolvalet parkinglarge room
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a 4th of July getaway with my boyfriend. We requested one of the nicer rooms on the top floor. It had a balcony facing downtown, separate living/kitchen and bedroom areas, and the bathroom featured a large soaking tub an AMAZING shower with multiple heads. It was a great stay all around and we were able to see fireworks from our balcony. This would be a very convenient location if you were visiting SMU or if you needed to be in close proximity to Highland Park. The are also a number of great restaurants nearby. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Earlier this week I received a complimentary stay at the Lumen via small grant to do research at SMU. The hotel is very nice and clean. Valets are great (your only choice is valet). Rooms are fantastic. There is no open restaurant at this time, but several are within walking distance. A small number of cold sandwiches and salads can be ordered. My issue is with the staff. Upon arrival the hotel staff asked for a credit card (standard procedure)--due to recent issues with hotels holding open high amounts for up to thirty days I asked Ashley, the front desk agent if it would be hold or an imprint only (I prefer to leave a cash deposit rather than incur long holds on my card). She told me that there would not be any amount held open, that it would be imprint only. Well imagine my surprise when I found out they charge a $50 per day hold open on the card. Now my card is cancelled because I did not "authorize" the hold. I would stay there again, but I would NEVER give them credit card info. Also, don't let them arrange a car to DFW--it cost me $55 plus tip for the guy to show up fifteen minutes late.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank luvtrane
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is an old hotel that has been remodeled into a trendy looking Kimpton. Very pleasing decor, and nice staff but impractical for sleeping. Currently under renovation and finding the door to even get into the hotel is a challenge. No parking but valet. No restaurant currently but many in the area. They offered a very basic and free continental breakfast with some fruit and pastries but by the time we made it to the lobby right before time was up at 9:30 a.m. (on a weekend - it would have been nice if time was later), there wasn't much left. The happy hour is nice but no alternative beverages if you or someone traveling with you does not want or cannot drink wine or beer. They had water but nothing else. Room was lovely to look at but not for sleeping in. Large gap under the door so lots of hallway noise. Air Conditioner never cooled the room well even though we kept setting it lower and it turned on and off sporadically with lots of noise that made it difficult to sleep. Lights all around the outside windows so the glow comes into your room all night around the edges of the drapes. No tub - only a huge shower that you could fit 2 or 3 people in with one of the rain heads that look nice but do not work well for bathing or shampooing. No place to put your legs to shave. Pretty but flat sink that splashes water everywhere and can't be used for much. Fridge with pricey juices and a basket of pricey snacks on top ($5.00 or more for a granola bar or a bag of M & M's - go to the drugstores nearby or bring your own!). This could be a pricey problem for parents with kids or teens who help themselves before they realize the cost (listed on a small card laying on top) of all those drinks and snacks that appear to be free for the taking! Or try to explain to the kids the "intimacy kit" laying in that basket! Then the beds - huge wooden platform with a mattress on top. First you hit your shins on those corners every time you try to walk around them and then the mattress slides all over the place. When you try to sleep you realize they are hard as rock since there is no box spring! Rooms are very small so not much space for sitting or anything else. Wanted to like the hotel and the location is great for SMU but there are much better hotels with more room and better beds for a lower price a short drive away.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan K
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is a nice, quiet hotel that has great potential. It is well located, the staff is very friendly and the hotel is very classy. And the pet friendly policy is terrific! However, my most important goal in choosing a hotel is getting a good night's sleep. The bed was poor - it is a mattress sitting on top of a solid surface, much like a child's bed. The A/C would never get quite cool enough despite my complaint to the front desk and the chair in the room looked great but was very uncomfortable. Other chains have made quite an investment in their bedding so maybe I am simply spoiled by others.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2012

When I first arrived I was a little disappointed that the hotels restaurant was closed due to reconstruction. You would never have known it. The staff had a food menu ready and was able to provide addition listings for delivery in the area. I cannot recommend this property highly enough. From the moment I arrived til the moment I left, I was always greeted by name, with a warm welcoming smile. The property is located in a very nice part of town. It is just a mile off of HWY 75 so getting to and from the property was a breeze. The pool was spectacularly clean and the over sized shower in the room was perfect.

Room Tip: I recommend getting the pool view rooms. Like the name suggests, lighting is everything. The pool and several other features change, making working in your room even more enjoyable.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Hello,
It is always so nice to hear that our guests had such a wonderful stay. I am glad that the food items we provided met your expectations and that you had time to enjoy our pool. We are looking forward to being completed soon and we look forward for you to come back.
Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay.
P.S I also love the oversized showers.