“Amazing Stay!”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road
Ranked #111 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed in this facility for 8 weeks this summer and it was as comfortable as it could be to not be our "home." James and every member of the staff was courteous, friendly, professional, responsive and seemed genuinely interested in our comfort and well being. We have two small dogs that they even cared about! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and would most assuredly stay here again!!! NO QUESTION!!! Great place!!!

Room Tip: Stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Randy C
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice comments about your two month stay at our hotel. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the time you, your wife and two dogs spent with us. Thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have been trying to book a room for almost two weeks now ..every time I call they tell me they are assisting other clients take my information and never call back !!! I called again today to ask about the monthly rates Moriah answered ,again I was told that she was assisting other people .. I Called again an hour later no answer ...called again they pick up and hang up in face ..I have been calling all dayyyyyyy no answer !! Thanks for being so rude ..

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I was disheartened to read that my front desk staff is not answering telephone inquiries properly. Please accept our apologies.

I met with the staff, and we will work harder to ensure that phones will be answered and all calls will be returned by either staff or management. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. It is also possible to make reservations on the internet at www.extendedstay.com.

I invite you to contact me, at PLN@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The staff is great, but the facilities needs some work. WiFi was terrible. Location is very convenient with grocery, restaurants and pharmacies close by. For someone who has to stay for an extended time, it is very nice. Felt safe in the building.

Room Tip: Be sure to insist on Nonsmoking room as those that have been smoked in have been treated, but it is...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and apologize for our internet service not working properly. We are scheduled for an upgrade later on this year which we understand will correct the issue you encountered.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I just located to Dallas from Southern California and on a tight budget, so I was looking for something clean and reasonably priced. As a retired travel professional I was expecting exactly a two star rating, Wow was I completely surprised. To be honest I was hesitant writing the review, as I want to keep the place to myself (LOL). Pictures included

When you walk in to the lobby is very well laid out, there is seating while you wait. The interior design is of that of a Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn. Tia displayed exceptional customer getting me into a room at the last minute, and answered most of the questions and the concerns that I had about the hotel. After a two-day drive, I wanted clean and comfortable. I was not expecting much after the rating, however after I got to the room and was pleasantly surprised at the one-bed room suite. There was a kitchen with a refrigerator, stovetop with two burners, microwave and sink. (See the pictures). There was a small but nice living room area. There was also a bedroom. This hotel was neither a two star hotel nor a high end 3star, but it should have a three star rating. It is a small staff here (Tia, Ed, Moriah) but they very efficient and will assist you with whatever you need. I thought my dishwasher was broken, but after talking to the Freddie the maintenance person, it was not broke at all, it was just the way it was installed. He is so tremendously helpful; he is a Texas Native and can answer questions about anything (Really!)
James (hotel manager) is extremely resourceful, and will share information about local eateries, museums, and city information (He is like a walking encyclopedia) and very approachable not stuffy like some managers at the bigger chains(my opinion). If you have a concern Go to him and he will address the issue.

You get room service once a week, but I have a small case of OCD (LOL), so I just clean my own room. You can get your clean towel and sheets as much as you like. There is a daily continental breakfast (very small selection)

I write this in truth as this is a good place to stay while you are here on quick business or relocating. It’s not a Marriott or Hilton Extended stay, but it is better than anything that I was able to find that was in my price range for a monthly stay. The area is extremely safe, and you can walk to the shopping center that has what you need.
The only negative thing that is that The hotel needs a couple of those green dog trash bends on the premises, as some guest Don’t pick up after their dogs and it makes the grounds look nasty, and it can smell! The other thing is super minor maybe add a few more items to the continental breakfast.

Thanks James, Tia, Ed, Moriah, and Freddie for making my stay comfortable and pleasant. But most importantly.Thanks for giving me a warm welcomed of professionalism and courtesy of true Texans!!

Room 239

Attn; North Carolina Corporate Office . You have a good team here. They represent your brand very well!!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is smoking. I was towards the end of the hallway, and it was extremely quiet!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TheTravelChick1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It's wonderful to hear that our staff took great care of you during your stay. We strive to make our guests feel at home by providing the best service we can offer. It is extremely rewarding to know that we were able to do this for you!

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to continue welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The staff at this location has made us feel like valued customers from day one and we are going on six weeks. The hospitality is second to none and it starts with the General Manager, James. As the first person I dealt with at my initial check-in to a Priceline issue yesterday, James has exceeded my expectations. The front desk staff demonstrates the same great service day in - day out. Tia always meets us with a smile and positive attitude which makes us feel welcomed and valued. Moriah always makes us feel like her top priority while I can see she has several things going on. There is nothing not to like about Patty and the young man working late nights has been very pleasant during the little interaction we have had. I work in the service industry and this staff has blown me away.

The community here seems to be quiet and respectable. I have not seen any "questionable" characters or so called riff-raff. We feel safe which is very important to us.

Location is also great. There is anything from a very nice mall, grocery stores, fast food/restaurants, etc. Located on the tollway and a mile off the George Bush Turnpike means getting anywhere in the metroplex is simple and fast.

The only ding I can give is the wifi signal is weak or intermittent at times. It would not take much to upgrade the network or wifi signal and I feel confident others feel the same way.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing pool/courtyard. The outside rooms in the front can get noisy due to the closen...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Josh - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay, our convenient location on the North Dallas Tollway at Frankford and especially the hard work of our staff.

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to host you again soon at our hotel.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Good people, nice environment and very good value for the money. I especially appreciated the shuttle to and from work in Plano as it saved me the cost of a rental car and saved me from fighting the traffic each morning and evening. The hotel is close to a strip mall that has pretty much everything you need during a one month stay.

Room Tip: Rooms furthest from side exits are the quietest
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Anthony P
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our hotel and staff were able to fulfill your needs while staying in the North Dallas/Addison/Plano area. Our shuttle service to the local corporate offices is available twice in both the morning and evening and we have quite a few guests we take to work each day. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel is managed very well and all the employees have made me feel like being in a family atmosphere instead of just being another guest.

I recommend this specific hotel over any place else in Dallas.

Sherrie Henson

• Stayed: March 2013
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Vantage Point Dr.
The Highland Dallas
The Highland Dallas
#11 of 205 in Dallas
Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - North Addison - Tollway
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave.
Comfort Inn Near Plano Medical Center

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road? Share your experiences!