“Horrible, horrible, horrible !!!!!”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road
Ranked #102 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
“Horrible, horrible, horrible !!!!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The absolute worst guest service I've ever encountered at any stay I've had at this location !!! After 20 minutes of standing in the lobby and more than 5 other guest calling for assistance the manager of the hotel comes down to the front desk. This hotel is short staffed and over worked employees are rude!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank sdg2012
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that you had to wait for assistance and that you felt the staff was rude. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I will be speaking with the manager personally to find out what happened, as this is not common practice at Extended Stay Hotels. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at eshriber@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dallas
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I originally came to Homestead in the beginning of June 2012. At this time i was traveling back and forth between Houston and Dallas. On my first visit , I had a larger room and it was very accommodating for 2 people. I enjoyed my visit so much that i decided to come back. The 2nd time i came was not quite as pleasant, but this is to be expected anywhere you go as not all situations can be controlled. The main issue was the smells coming from the room 2 doors down(just a family useing strange spices to cook, causing headaches). Easy fix though, staff member Kalina did her best to work with me and get me moved to a better location. I had a such a great experience there that i have decided that is where i will come every time i am in town. So far I have !!!!

Room Tip: "Second floor is the calmest"
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with some of the guests aromas from cooking. Sometimes we have guests from out of the country that cook and it does permeate through the hallways. It can be very strong, so I do apologize for that. I am glad that we were able to move you to a better location in the hotel to make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at PLN@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed at the Homestead Dallas/Plano location at the beginning of September while awaiting my new house to be ready. The staff there is very friendly and accommodating. They will make you feel like your right at home! This is a great place for anyone in transition or looking for a home away from home!

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this review, September 27, 2012

Florida, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We arrived in Dallas late at night and tried to put the address of the hotel into our GPS. Our printed information from our reservation said the unit was located in Plano, but no such address could be found in Plano. So we called the hotel, told the staff where we were and asked for directions. We were guided 40 miles out of the way, and finally got back to where we needed to be after several more phone calls. It took us 3 hours to find the hotel after we left the airport, all because of the staff. At one point, we arrived at what we thought was our hotel but the clerk said there was no reservation for us, and to go check out the other locations nearby. None of them had our reservation. By now it was 1:30 a.m. We went back to the one we believed to be correct and insisted they give us a room. Oh, they found the reservation that time. During the following week, we were overrun with ants and other bugs, and when we reported no plug in the tub, we were told we must be mistaken. When we asked for two more hangers, we were told that five was all that was allowed per room. The breakfast included cereal but no milk and no juice. Terrible, terrible experience! The last two night, a baby cried all night next to us and we heard it as though it were in our room. No insulation?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this review, September 5, 2012

The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and a comfortable place to stay. WIth this in mind, I am glad to hear the staff was continuously communicating with you in order to help you find our property; however, I am saddened to read how long it took and that we could not find your reservation the first time around. As well, the room condition you described is not up to our standards, and I will be speaking with all of our staff about these issues. Please know that we take your review seriously and will work to improve all of our processes.

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I'm here for a few months as I just relocated back to Dallas area. The staff is super sweet they treat like you're a guest in their home, one young lady (Kaleena) there isn't a question or problem I had that she couldn't solve. Even the housekeepers always have a smile for you. The two bedroom is perfect if you've got kids. Great view of the pool and spacious enough to get my work done away from the kiddies, it even had an oven. The internet is super fast although it bumps off every now and then but if I called Kaleena at the front desk she'll have it reset in a matter of minutes but it's free with the stay which is an awesome plus. Anytime I needed maintenance he'll be there on the spot. The grocery store is a few feet away and it's really close to at least a dozen nice restaurants. Two exits from Addison and two exits from the mall in Plano and Walmart. I love this place it's the next best thing to being at home.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool will give you a good sunrise wake up is you keep you window open. Third floor...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Zakiyyah C
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
It is incredibly rewarding to the staff and I to read the kind words you have written about your stay at our hotel. We work very hard to provide 100% guest satisfaction; based on your feedback, it is clear we have achieved this with you. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to Kaleena and the rest of the staff.

Thank you for your positive review. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Definitely a solid choice for those who will be in the area for a while. Everything is smooth and there are no aggravations with either the building or the staff. Excellent value on the monthly rate.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the parkway are the quietest
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Dallas - Plano. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stay at the Homestead Suites for business. When in the Dallas area, I am very consumed with work and my days are long. The last thing I want to do when I get home is deal with additional stress.

The staff here are amazing. The rooms are extremely clean after housekeeping and the ladies go above and beyond normal tasks that they are required to do. (such as dishes, they are not suppose to do any dishes or take out trash, and they do it all the time)

The manager Charlie is always available and willing to address any problem or concern that arises. If for some reason he is not on site the front desk will give you his personal cell and he will drop what he is doing to assist.

Everything here is perfect from the cleanliness to customer service. I recommend without reservation.

Adam H.-

Room Tip: i stay on the first floor and this is the only experience that i have.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Dallas - Plano. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Vantage Point Dr.
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano
Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - North Addison - Tollway
The Highland Dallas
The Highland Dallas
#11 of 203 in Dallas
Comfort Inn Near Plano Medical Center

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road? Share your experiences!