“Convenient location to SMU”

Hyatt Place Dallas / Park Central
Ranked #24 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
San Diego, California
“Convenient location to SMU”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed for a quick overnight to tour SMU. Had 2 doubles and a sofa sleeper. Room was large and clean. Breakfast was eggs, sausage, potatoes etc. Employees were helpful. Didn't get to use the pool. Location was within 5-7 minutes of plenty of restaurants. Only downside was the noise due to the freeway. I had a white noise machine, so it didn't interrupt my sleep, but without it, the freeway was pretty noisy. It may be quieter on the frontside of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Peacenquiet2013
Laura K, Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas / Park Central, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us on your visit to SMU! We appreciate the nice comments and hope you stay with again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Employees at this hotel were very nice, but they were short staffed. Bar tender was also the shuttle driver. Room was large, but not in the best shape. Toilet was hard to flush (needed 2 hands). Small refrigerator and sink in this room with coffee maker. Sink handle was not attached and came off in your hand. Made a call about these repairs on the first night and nothing was fixed for my 3 night stay. Food was decent at the bar, breakfast was good, decent selection. Bed was a marshmallow.

Room Tip: don't stay in room 309 - someone spilled cologne!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank missyaandfred
Laura K, Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas / Park Central, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I have notified the all of the staff regarding your stay. We are continuously working to keep all areas of the hotel fresh and updated. We are working on additional staffing for high volume nights to keep the Gallery and shuttle services running smoothly.
Incline Village, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

The property was pretty nice and the room was very spacious. We had a room with 2 doubles and a sofa sleeper. I would prefer 2 queens and wish more hotels would use queens over doubles. Even with the sofa sleeper pulled out there was lots of room to walk around. The room had a good size mini-fridge. The TV was a good quality - the main problem with it was that when my kids were sitting on the bed watching TV and I was at the desk working on my computer, the TV volume was pretty loud for me since it comes from the back.
The water pressure in the shower was excellent and there seemed to be plenty of hot water. There was was plenty of counter space in the sink area. The sink faucet was loose but it did not cause us any problems.
It was not obvious from our room where to go to get ice but we did find the ice machine and it worked well.
The bed was not the most comfortable I have slept on. The noise at night was difficult for me to sleep with (we have almost no noise outside at home even with the windows open). I had to choose between the highway noise (and there was a lot even at 3am) or the loud fan on the air conditioner.
The breakfast was average. It was nice to have real plates, glasses, and utensils (as opposed to plastic and paper used at other hotels) but I felt like there could have been more options. The OJ was separated when I tried to pour some and it was not easily mixable. I would have preferred to see one or two more hot options. But generally it was fine and I appreciated the complementary breakfast. I was surprised to see a pretty good room service menu for this level of hotel and there were some good offerings but we did not have occasion to make use of this menu.
The pool was average and there was no hot tub so we did not use the facility.
I was surprised that we did not have a bill at our door on the day of our departure so I had to go to the front desk to request one.
The location (although too close to the freeway for me to sleep at night) was very convenient to getting on and off the freeway and was only a short distance from the locations we needed to be. It was also easy to get to from DFW.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your stay! We appreciate all feedback we get. We hope you will stay again the next time you are in Dallas!
The Woodlands, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed saturday July 6, 2013 for one night. We found wáter on the bathtub, the light on top of the sink did not work, TV remote control did not work, and worst, we found a huge COACKROACH in the bathroom!! I went to the front desk, no one responded or acted for any of the complaints! I seemed like a cheap hotel because of these issues, considering it is a Hyatt!

Room Tip: Check the romos before checking in, so that everything is working and the room is properly clean! Be...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for your feedback and I apologize for the condition of your room. This is not our standard level of service. I have notified all the staff to the issues you have stated and am sure this will not be the expectation for our hotel in the future. We also have pest control on property bi-monthly we will be speaking with them on the concerns you mentioned.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We booked two rooms here as part of a wedding party and was surprised how nice the rooms were and how attentive the staff interacted. The rooms are large and well furnished. Nice colors and decor and great lounging couches with a sofa bed. Large flat screen tv that was on a swivel. We were able to get two rooms next to each other with the helpful front desk. Free breakfasts were a step above most hotels of this caliber and the lobby/lounge was a great place to hang out with friends and family with multiple separate sitting areas. The location was great with easy access to US 75 and was able to get around Dallas although there is not much around the hotel in the immediate area.

We would highly recommend this for event gatherings or group setting and we would stay here again if we find ourselves in this part of DFW. Group rates were unbelievably affordable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again for your next trip to Dallas!
Kansas City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a tournament at the Dallas Convention Center. This hotel was chosen by our group for access to 75, free wifi (fast), free breakfast, good rate and pool. Hotel was very accommodating about our request for early breakfast as many guests at hotel were part of tournament. I saw breakfast sandwiches, French toast, scrambled eggs, biscuits/gravy, sausage, fresh fruit (not so good), yogurt, breads and juices, coffee, and Tazo teas. Room had nice decor, refrigerator, wet bar, desk and a great TV and sectional sofa/sleeper. A/C in room was very noisy and double beds were comfortable for one, but not comfortable enough for two adults as you could feel it collapsing toward the middle. We made use of both beds and sleeper sofa to accommodate our family. Overall nice stay - very pleasant staff!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kcroadtripper
Thank you for staying with us during your tournament! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we could accommodate your group with an earlier breakfast! We hope you can stay with us again!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

1st let me start with I've previously stayed at this location and was pleased with each stay. That was until this last time.

2nd - The front desk staff was the VERY BEST! The desk clerk, Mark, was very nice and went out of his way to help out the problems we had. The following morning the young lady, who I didn't get the name, was extremely helpful and did her very best to get everything straightened out as quickly as possible.

3rd - The problems: We had a late check in so we were exhausted and my twin toddler nieces were ready for a comfy bed. Once in our room, we found food still in the fridge. I called the front desk and he apologized, said he would be right down to clean up and gave us a free movie for the inconvenience. While waiting I went to the bathroom - HUGE soaking wet spot in the carpet in front of the sink, then in the shower used soap. I walked down to the lobby before Mark could get to our room and explained the other issues with the room. He said he would move us into another room, unfortunately there were no other double bed rooms so we moved to a king bed room and he cut the room rate in half due to the inconvenience. Opening the door to the new room, reeked of smoke. Fearing I would get "fined/charged" for smoking in the non-smoking room, I called down to the desk and complained of the smoke smell. He explained it used to be a smoking room and unfortunately even with the remodel rooms on that floor still had smoke smell. Ok..fine. I understand that. So after almost a hour getting into a room that was ok, we settled in.

The next morning, I called down to see about getting moved to a double since that's what I was booked originially. The young lady was very nice and said as soon as one was available we would be moved and said they would also help me move into the new room.

When the new room was available, my family had returned and we moved ourselves. Next...the a/c never really cooled the room. We had it set at the highest setting with the coolest temp and it never got cool. Yes, I understand Texas heat. I was born and raised there...and even lived in Dallas. All other stays at any Hyatt, we've never had problems with the a/c. We were in and out that afternoon, hoping each time that the room would be cooler when we returned each time - didn't happen. By the time we returned to the hotel that night it was late and we didn't want to have to go thru the whole changing rooms (if available) again, especially since the twins were already sleep and had to be carried into the hotel.

This was our 4th time at this location. We used to stay at the Los Colinas one but our Dallas family moved and Dallas/Park Central was closed to them. We've decided we'll just go back to the Los Colinas one and hopefully we won't have any problems.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family