“Great value and easy access”

Hyatt Place Dallas / Park Central
Ranked #19 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our room was very spacious for four of us. The breakfast was outstanding, and the staff were friendly and accommodating. Quirky as it sounds, we got a big kick out of the funny birds in the back parking lot. They make the strangest calls, and there are dozens of them. The only thing I would recommend is that you request a room on the front side of the hotel, away from the freeway. We could definitely hear the freeway noise from our room, which I believe was near the southeast corner.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank GetawayGang

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I've become a huge fan of the Hyatt Place properties in the past year with their large rooms and separate seating areas. Also, I've yet to stay in a room that wasn't up to par with the previous Hyatt Place rooms in which I've stayed - all above average. Consistency is a great thing for those who travel and this brand has yet to fail me. For those who aren't familiar, the Hyatt Place properties also have nice cafes in the lobby where you can actually get decent food (a rarity in a mid-level hotel). Staff here was friendly and helpful with requests. Only nitpick was the parking situation - which was insufficient for the number of guests as people had invented their own spaces due to a lack of real spaces. This resulted in a pretty challenging escape on the morning I checked out ... not the end of the world, of course, but worth a reference incase you are planning a late-night arrival.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ellen0206
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was a great Hyatt place, we chose it since it was outside of the downtown area, but just close enought to get around to most places quickly. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, there was an older AC window unit in the room which was noisy and we had to turn the AC off and just use the fan and the local garbage crew decided one morning to pickup at 6am and make as much noise as they could, BUT the stay was relaxing and enjoyable and I would recommend this hotel.

PS: I also like the fact that they offer resonable fresh food prepared anytime of the day or night from their kitchen. The breakfast was complimentary and was also enjoyable each morning.

Room Tip: Choose a lower level room for better wi-fi reception and perhaps a room facing churchhill street to...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Zach D
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My daughter and I went on a mother/daughter trip to Dallas and chose to stay in the Hyatt Place Dallas/ Park Central hotel. I had stayed here one other time in the past year with my husband. Both times the hotel is just as expected. Very clean, Staff very accommodating at check-in and check-out. Offers a full hot breakfast plus other food service and Starbucks. So, overall a great place to stay. The only disappointed I had on this last visit was that we were given a room (#605) that had an adjoining room door (#607). The guests in #607 had a child (sounded like a toddler by the screams) that literally screamed from 10 pm to 12 pm, almost non-stop. We turned on our tv and air condition to help cover the noise. By 8 am the next morning, the child was screaming again and continued until 11 am when we checked out. I know that this is not something that Hyatt Place can control and we could have asked to change rooms (not really an option at 10pm at night). The disappointment is that we had to be in a room with an adjoining door. It appeared that the parents of this child must have put their "pack and play" right next to the door on their side. Other than that, great hotel and I would highly recommend it.

Tracey Carrier

Room Tip: Ask for a room without an adjoining door. Maybe it will muffle the sounds some from the noise of th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My daughter had hip surgery at one of the local hospitals and I booked a stay at this hotel to be close to the hospital should anything go wrong post the surgery. We stayed at the hotel a total of 4 days. Given our limited ability to move for several days and the constant need for rotating ice packs on my daughters hip the staff at this hotel were absolutely wonderful. Warm, compassionate and willing to lend a hand. Everyday whether it be the day shift or night crew...they were always keen to inquire as to how we were doing. The room was a good fit and at one point we even shifted over to an ADA room so that my daughter could shower. This Hyatt Place is definitely one I will return to given the high level of service we received!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights while attending a trade show in downtown Dallas. Great and convenient location. It turned out to be on the trade show shuttle bus route and so was an excellent choice for the hotel to stay at. The lobby staff was extremely helpful and went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. Breakfast was great with a lot of healthy choices. The lobby bar service was also very good and it provided a good meeting, greeting and hanging out place. Will surely look to staying here when I am back in Dallas.

Room Tip: High floor...away from elevator
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed for 8 days. Great location, Great staff. The courtesy coach was very useful. Breakfast was a bonus. Great value hotel, well located for shopping and DART (train) into the city centre and the Convention Centre. The staff (Chris, Delany, Juan and all the rest) could not do enough to ensure a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business