Comfort Suites North Dallas
$99
Great 4.5/5
$169
  • Pool
Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities(Dallas)(Great Value!)
$149
Travelocity
$150
HotelsClick
  • Pool
All reviewsnice hotelhot breakfastliving areawet barwould stay againroom was cleana great staycentral locationan older hotelyogurtpillowsmicrowaveshampooironfifreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2010

Our family of four stayed in a suite with two queen beds and a sofa bed. Check in was quick and efficient. We were given a room on the third floor.

The room looked nice and clean. The bathroom was spotless. Closer inspection showed the grout on the tile floor was not in great shape. A lot of cracks and a few floor tiles were loose. The toilet seemed to get clogged fairly easily so I am betting the floor was in rough shape from it overflowing multiple times. Just hope it got mopped some. The shower head was also in bad shape. It had multiple setting but is was falling apart. I finally got it set on just a normal spray, but it took a lot of fiddling to get that.

The rest of the room looked good though one of the beds was pushed up right next to the A/C unit.

Looking at the beds, they looked nice and clean. They even use fitted sheets which I really like. HOWEVER, the fitted sheet on my bed was coming off and as I was fixing it I noticed some bad stuff.

The mattresses on the beds looked extremely old. My bed has a large brown stain that started on the top and went down the side. Seeing this would have normally led me straight back to the from desk, but there was a VERY clean, white pillowtop add on over the mattress held in place by elastic bands. While that made it tolerable for me, I still cannot give real high marks for this hotel because of this. I just tried to not think about it and what the stain might possibly be.

The TV was a big tube TV. However, many channels would show up black. All the channels were mislabeled on the screen. Not sure if it was just our room or the whole place was like that.

The breakfast was another downside. The selections where very slim and the person who was suppose to restock items was not very attentive or even around very much. SO really I was stuck eating cereal because all the bagels and pastries were gone. The only hot items I saw were eggs (weird, precooked individual serving eggs) and bacon (very flimsy and thin) or sausage. Not even any biscuits to go with it.

The hotel is located next to a couple of apartment complexes. There is a gas station in the next parking lot where it looks like day laborers hang out all day. One evening as I was going to my car I was approached by a young man asking for food money. I would not let kids go outside by themselves day or night.

While the price I paid was very good, I doubt I will stay at this hotel again. I would rather pay a bit more to avoid the bad things encountered at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Printman2000
Reviewed November 11, 2009

I stayed at the Comfort Suites for 3 nights on business and was very suprised at the incredible value. As a small business owner I don't have an expence account so price was the determining factor in my hotel selection. I was very pleased however in the overall quality of the property. It was clean and the staff was friendly. My room was very large with a seperate living area which I actually used for a meeting while I was there. Also I saved money on the free breakfast and did not have to pay extra for wireless internet. I recoment the Comfort Suites to anyone who wants quality on a budget.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank JoshBlack
Reviewed October 28, 2009

I stay at the hotel on 10/15/09 at the comfort suites. The hotel is situated on Lbj freeway and north central expway. I was travelling with my kids and wife. we called the hotel to ask them if thety could give us directions. the front desk helped us with the directions.the hotel had security in the parking lot which made me feel a lot safe.
the room was nice and clean and we had been on road all day so we all hit the bed and wake up for the hot savory starts breakfast. kids enjoyed it and then we were suppose to hit the road around noon so we all got ready and front desk helped us wid maps and surrounding attractions. over all it was a very satisfied stay at the comfort suites.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2009

My family and I stayed at the Comfort Suite Park Central in Dallas,Tx, let me tell you it was very enjoyable and "Comfort"able stay. By judging the rooms, I belive it was recetenly updated with nice and comfortable beds and soft sheets. It is a very good hotel for family, since the pool and hottub was very well maintained.to keep the kids entertained. Hotel staff was excellent in customer service. I remember my family and I was late for breakfast in the morning, so we had thought we missed the breakfast, then heard a knock on the door and it was the manager of the hotel (Nick) who brought us some breakfast to our room. I personally do not know any manager of the hotel doing that. We had a great stay and they took care of our needs. I would stay again and again at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2009

I travel quite extensively and very seldom do I have such a negative experience. First night.. pulled back sheet and saw two little black bugs.. but hey its humid and TX and they weren't bedbugs or cockroaches. First morning we went down (on time) to breakfast.. the one lonely sausage (I think it was supposed to be sausage)was burnt black and the one half danish truly looked as if someone had taken a bite out of it and the milk pitchers were empty. Later a housekeeping trash bag was left next to the elevator for more than an hour and housekeeping wasn't even up on the floor. The plumbing was sluggish at best with showers being taken in ankle deep water. Later when the toilet continued to be sluggish and we asked to have something done we were handed a plunger!! We never got to talk to the Manager as apparently they were in California(??). Second to last day we went to breakfast and sausage was again burned black (there were three total) and no danishes and maybe one small spoonful of eggs. We went directly to the front desk who only made excuses saying well the power was out. In fact, the power had been out for about 5 minutes more then an hour previous. We gathered our stuff and checked out a day early. No discount no apologies were offered until we pushed a little bit more and they asked what we would like to have done. A guest shouldn't be asked to do their own maintenance and if you are offering breakfast it should at least be edible and enough to eat. They have ruined Comfort for me forever.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business