“smoke smelling NON smoking rooms...lime beer smell in hall.”

Comfort Suites North Dallas
Ranked #88 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
“smoke smelling NON smoking rooms...lime beer smell in hall.”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

owner did not adjust room rate for our traveler disc rate...ok, ill ignore it knowing that it was still cheap...room smelled like sweaty smoke..horrible ac..EMBASSY SUITES is right beside it...called thm.. reserved a room...canx our horrible room and stayed at embassy...

• Stayed August 2012
Kathryn L, General Manager at Comfort Suites North Dallas, responded to this review, March 8, 2016
We apologize for failing to provide you with an enjoyable stay. We appreciate your feed back and will use it to improve our location in the future.
We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future and give us the chance to provide you a relaxing stay.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We loved our 5 night stay at this hotel. It is close to everything and was super clean. The indoor pool was a wonderful surprise as well. We enjoyed the hot breakfast and the friendly staff. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Plano, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I stayed here couple of days ago, and my god, it was a good place to be at. The guy who checked me in seemed very professional and he was very polite. The room was very clean and tidy unlike other where I had to encounter an unpleasant staying experience. Overall, I had a happy and peaceful stay with courteous staff and their hospitality.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sushant S
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My teenage son and I recently stayed at this comfort suites and we had a good stay. The front desk/housekeepers were nice. We stayed 4 nights, the rooms were comfy for the price. I thought about walking across the parking lot to the gas station, one front desk worker said it would be ok, but a 2nd one said no, he wouldn't recommend it. Glad we didn't we noticed people walking through the parking lot to get to the gas station, they didn't approach us at all. The pool was out of order on our last night there my son was a little disappointed about the pool. One thing I couldn't understand is why the breakfast was set up all on one side making it a little congested for people that only wanted fruit or cereal. They should restructure that little part, I don't liek congestion. Overall we had a good stay! Will stay again :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
El Dorado, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Rooms were nice but housekeeping walked into my room, WITH A DO NOT DISTURB ON MY DOOR, twice...I asked to borrow a pair of scissors and was told that I would have to put up a 10-15 dollar deposit! My first night here I informed the desk that my remote turned the tv's on and worked the volume but would not change the channel so the next night I was then told that they had no batteries and I was pretty much SOL. My last day of staying at the hotel I received not one, not two, but four phone calls that they needed my credit card, EVEN THOUGH MY CARD WAS ON FILE, and then was made to return to my room and back to the desk so they could see my ID! I had already spent 2 nights at this hotel! I will NEVER stay at this hotel again! I'm sorry as an employee of the Choice Hotel chain I am happy that I work for one that takes pride!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Stayed Labor Day Weekend. I would estimate more than half the rooms are being completely renovated. Hotel should advertise this on their website...desk attendant did not mention anything about this either upon checking in.

We had 5 people and came in late and could not change. Stuck on the third floor.

Breakfast was OK.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank vsspam
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I stayed in this hotel in October 2010. What a mistake. First off, the surrounding neighborhood is VERY sketchy. The GPS on my Droid phone brought me through some kind of low-income housing project which just about borders this hotel. I'm a retired police officer (having tangled with some pretty bad dudes in my day) and currently run a large security contract for the US Government and I did not feel safe whatsoever in the immediate area of this hotel. Some of the undesireables that live in this area cut through the parking lot and then through a small park that borders the hotel on one side. A few of them "eyed" me as I walked through the parking lot. I took every valuable I had in the car and kept it in my room at night, or with me during the day in the car. In fact, I'm surprised the car was even there in the morning. The particular second floor room that I was in had cigarette burns on the curtains. Overall, the entire hotel looked like it had not been updated in about 15 years. Even the lobby area was dark, dingy, and uninviting. Not only did I skip breakfast, but I cut my stay short by a day and got the heck out of there. You get what you pay for. Spend a little extra money and don't go anywhere remotely near this area or neighborhood of Dallas.

Room Tip: I cannot speak to any other experiences than the room I was in which was dated and worn