“Great Place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #93 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Great Place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

This is the main place I stay when I leave or return to the States. The staff has always treated us like family. The breakfast is good with fresh fruit and yogurt. The pool and hot tub are wonderful. I have recommend and had friends stay here. There is a strip mall near with eating places. It is about a block walk. Well worth the money.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katmandu69
amanda h, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thank you for your review I will pass your comments along to my staff and give them the praise that they deserve as they all work very hard to make our guest feel at home. Again thank you all feedback from our guest good or bad is appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Phoenix
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

I travel a fair amount and have stayed here a few times. Pretty convenient spot, taco shop across the street, close to a quickie mart, all in all decent spot. The hotel is a Fairfield so I do not expect it to be on the level of a Courtyard and such in the Marriott line up. This hotel in the past has been a good competitor to the Springhill and Courtyard down the road closer to Beltline road. Not this time. I got in fairly late and when I got to my room I was met with a smell, not really sure what that smell was either! I was so tired and it was cool enough outside I opened the window. My point is two fold, I am the highest level on Marriott and there was zero consideration given to my requests (I did not go into that) in my profile along with a funk in the room. The other part of the point is that I was able to open the window completely from the third floor (about 2 and 1/2 foot opening), watch your kids! In the past, the attention to detail was pretty good. Now this time to me it is just another average Fairfield Inn. I will give them another shot before I take them off of the "good list" in that area.

Room Tip: The whole area is pretty quiet. I like the top floor (in this case the 3rd) as no one is walking on...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
amanda h, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Please accept my aplogy for the problems you had during your recent stay here at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria. I can understand how frustrated you felt.

Our mission is to "Impress the Guest" and in your case we faild to do that. I have used your letter to impress upon my staff the importance of providing our guests with outstanding service.

I appreciate your informing us of your concerns. We want to offer the best service possible, and feedback from our guests helps us to do that.

Again thank you taking the time to wrie. We hope to welcome you again soon.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Very strange smell of feet in the lobby and ancient computers at the business center. The elevator was old and rickety and super slow. I much rather take the stairs. Front desk staff was wonderful!!! Rooms were very clean. Breakfast staff was prompt about refilling or replacing anything that was low on the continental breakfast. Overall stay was great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
amanda h, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria was enjoyable. I will be sure to let the staff know that they are doing a great job and will be sure to share your review with the whole team. We look forward to your next stay!

Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Lousy pillows, room temperature fluctuating, Breakfast had no eggs/sausage ready, no bathmat. I am happy I can use my hotspot from my phone since the internet was over-utilized and not working. The friendly staff at front desk does not make up for all other short comings. This is the worst hotel experience in a long time.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. I am sorry to hear that your stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria was not enjoyable. I will look into all of your concerns as we have just last month replaced the pillows in our rooms with new ones. I do apologize for the internet and I will call our provider and look into why the 800-number for technical support failed to help you get connected. I do hope that you will consider a second chance here at our hotel and we value all of our guest.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

We have stayed here many times and find that, for the money, it cannot be beat. We love the location, in a quiet area just off busy streets, yet close to good restaurants and the Dallas North Tollway. The hotel is well managed with a friendly staff. The breakfasts are adequate. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I have reservations to stay here for our next trip to Dallas.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Little Rock, AR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed here while on a short visit to Dallas. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is very clean and quiet. They have a nice pool and fitness center. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast goes beyond the norm for an included hotel breakfast. It is located slightly off the main road. This makes it more quiet and it feels safer. Great location with a short drive to the Galleria.

Room Tip: Top floor away from the elevator is the best bet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
amanda h, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria, responded to this review, April 22, 2014

Memphis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I spent a weekend at this property while visiting Dallas for a conference. It wasn't a bad hotel at all. The day staff was a lot friendlier than the night staff. The rooms were clean... a bit smaller than I expected. Breakfast was good. The hotel was conveniently located... close enough to popular areas, but also away from the traffic of the heavily frequented parts of town. I used the shuttle to go to the conference hotel. The staff member/driver was extremely nice. She recommended several restaurants, entertainment spots and routes to avoid traffic jams. She even gave me her personal cell phone to call for a ride back to the hotel when the conference was over. No, it's not the "grandest" of them all, but it is a nicely kept, clean, conveniently located hotel for a reasonably priced stay in Dallas. No photos, but I will try to remember them on the next review. :-)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
amanda h, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria, responded to this review, March 28, 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch
Candlewood Suites Dallas-By the Galleria
Courtyard Dallas Northwest
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Addison Galleria
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Midway
Hyatt Place Dallas-North
Hyatt Place Dallas-North
#49 of 200 in Dallas

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria? Share your experiences!