“It will do in a pinch”

Reviewed October 29, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Absolutely terrible. Was in town for the Cotton Bowl. Had to kill a roach!! Left and stayed at the Marriot which was fine.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Got this hotel for a Park, Stay, Fly package. We were leaving on vacation from DFW for 14 nights. We stayed one night in one of their rooms, which can only be described as a shoe box. Ugh it was pitiful at best. At check in another guest and I stood there for 10 minutes waiting for someone to come to the desk from some back office. We gladly left the hotel for the airport via one of their shuttles (this was a scary trip btw, the driver overloaded the shuttle and it was super rainy. So it fish tailed the entire way to the airport). Now the break in! Half of our party returned to DFW after 7 days to find that both my Tahoe and their Cadillac Escalade had been broken into. I got this news over the phone... not good news when I'm in Hawaii. Don't stay here. This is a sorry hotel. If you can afford it stay else where and definitely don't leave your car!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank leinie731
Reviewed June 14, 2011

"Where Hope Goes To Die" is what I said when I opened the door to our room at this hotel (hotel being a much too generous word for this place as I have stayed in youth hostels in Europe that were nicer). We immediately started counting the hours until our flight (which had been grounded in Dallas due to a mechanical problem). In hindsight, I would have rather slept on the floor of the airport. I literally felt my skin crawl when I climbed into the bed. The location was depressing with very little nearby except a couple of disgusting restaurants. The desk clerk said we could walk to the food or have pizza delivered to our room, but we opted to go hungry rather than jeopardize personal safety. Granted, we checked in late and left at 5 am, but all in all, my husband and I still cringe at the thought of having stayed in this place.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We checked into this hotel at 3am, after a long night of driving. We parked by the pool (where we were directed to park) and it was full of drunks! We had to kick beer bottles/cans out of the parking lot and staircase to even get to our room. The top safety lock on the door was ripped off/broke. There were cigarette burns everywhere, including on the toilet seat/sink/counter top. The room had an odor. The drunks partied all night right outside of our room. The banged walls, screamed/yelled and we were unable to sleep. Had an early day of long-planned shopping ahead of us and it was totally ruined by this stay. We felt like we were staying in the red-light district! Don't stay here, bad choice.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Rooms stink. Charged credit 3 times. Shuttle to airport was 1 hour late and fire alarm went off all night. Not picky, but this is too much. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and a day.
I was travelling through Dallas and had a transit at DFW.
But i wanted to meet a few of my friends also in Dallas so wanted to stay for a day and then meet them before and travel out.

I booked this place through my travel agent itself who booked my whole itenarary. Only condition i had was that the hotel was close to airport (infact with in airport premises)
This was a good fitment and was economical too.
The Hotel arranges for Airport Pickup and Drop Shuttles and with advance notice they even arrange for Cabs early in the morning.

The hotel is walking distance from Pizza Hut and a Chinese place. But they are on expensive side. If u r looking for a Mac D or a Subway they are long away. Though i did not have any issue as my friends visited me and i moved with them.

Nothing much to stay except its economical considering it to be close to the airport....

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Days Inn & Suites DeSoto
Days Inn Market Center Dallas
Motel 6 Dallas - Garland - Northwest Hwy
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas South-DeSoto
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Desoto

Been to Days Inn Dallas South? Share your experiences!