“Exceeded my expectations!”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave.
Ranked #147 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
“Exceeded my expectations!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great location surrounded by restaurants and gas station. The rooms are exceptionally nice and the staff is even better! The entire team was genuinely kind and went above and beyond! I will stay here again. 5 star experience!

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff being truely great. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Extended Stay America on Saturday, June 29 to June 30, 2013 for one night. The class driving resumed at 8:00 am the next morning.
This a garden hotel, the room doors are facing the parking lot.
We checked in at 5:00 pm after a long day of attending Vespa Dallas Driving class.
The Hotel parking lot had only a few cars and it APPEARED to be a nice and safe Hotel.

We were in room #369 that was located on the bottom floor. Around 10:00 pm, we could hear a lot traffic of people arriving and going to a room up stairs. Then the party begin, the music was so loud who could hear it in the parking lot across the street. I called the front at 10:30 pm and talked the desk clerk named Bryan and he said the guest had complain also and He had spoken to the guest that was having the party to turn down the music. At 12:00 midnight, I went and video taped the music outside of my door and I called back to the front desk and spoke to a female night desk clerk and I video taped our phone conversation.

She also said, she asked the guest having the party to turn down the music. But the Hotel staff never called the police. This was the staff responsibility to do, not the guest.

At 3:00 am, I walked over to the front lobby of the Hotel and it was locked with a sign posted on the door saying, call the operator and press the number 0 if you need assistance, the Hotel lobby is closed. This was first for me. The Hotel lobby closed.

It was clear the Hotel does allow their guests to have loud parties at the Hotel. But they did not warned or informed me of this before I checked in. I will never stay at any of the Stay America Hotels. They should change the Hotel name to STAY AWAY AMERICA!
Don't let the Hotel appearance fool you, they look nice on the outside.
But Stay America are slum Hotels.

The price was low for appearance. If Stay America could model the same with maintaining and training their staff on how to handle bad guest. Or, Stay America should post on their website, we allow drug dealers, night club parties, and provide prostitutes here at this hotel.
I would have stayed away.

We did not get any sleep, I should have stayed at La Quinta instead or the Holiday Day Inn.

This was the WORST Hotel ever.

ADL
Southlake, Texas

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I give it 10 on a scale of 1-10:). It had all the luxuries like home even though I wasn't.I will for sure be staying with them again.it was very CLEAN and well maintained.bed comfy and all appliances in working order

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that your stay was a 10 out of 10. We truly enjoyed providing you with a "home away from home" experience.

We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I'm on the first floor which is supposed to need smoke free.....not a chance. The smoke infiltrates into my room, and it indeed does smell of pot on occasion, as well. I am a business person who spends the majority of my day away from here, but regardless, I would not recommend this place to anyone, unless the only point of measure is low cost . There are multiple families living here long term, and I guess we all want a roof over our heads. So advertise it for what it is and be done with it. A low cost, low quality, central location......of course its not a 5 star hotel, it doesn't rate one star.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank unhappy5421
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. It appears that your stay did not meet your expectation. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your review. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dri@extendedstay.com.
We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed December 1, 2012

All rooms are smoking, though they advertise otherwise. Dirty, smelly sheets and pillowcases. Dirty walls and dirty kitchen. And by claiming that the person on one shift does not communicate with the others, they manage to over charge the client.

• Stayed October 2012
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this review, December 2, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my we are reviewing our communication process at the front desk. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dri@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is not a 5 star hotel and doesn't claim to be. It is a relatively clean hotel with lots of room and basic furnishings. We stay here for a week and when we checked in at night I was a little skeptical, however under the light of day the next morning, the place was fine. It ended up being perfect for our needs. The kitchen is clean and functional with minimal and I mean minimal plates. bowls, utencils, ect. The bathroom is again very, very basic but clean and had good water pressure. The bed was comfortable and the flat screen TV was nice. As stated earlier, when I checked in in the evening I was skeptical- this is because there where some questionable people hanging around the parking lot and lobby area. People actually live in this hotel, which lends makes for some interesting aromas as you walk through the hallways, thats all I'll say about that. The hotel was very friendly and helpful and attended to all of our needs. Overall we enjoyed our stay here and would probably stay here again. Oh also- maid service is once a week unless you pay for more.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt that our Hotel was of great Value. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel overall is good and worth the money you pay for it. However it is extremely unsafe as I noticed a few prostitutes using this place for business. There would be strangers coming in and out during the evening and sometimes late at night. I had booked the hotel for 4 weeks but was uncomfortable after 2 weeks and moved to a different hotel. I am not sure about Dallas neighborhoods so maybe this is one of those shady neighborhoods.

I definitely would not recommend this hotel to families especially if you have kids. Beware of your personal belongings and cars. My car was damaged in the parking lot and the hotel staff refused to provide any assistance in this matter. The manager Nicole Ransom is extremely rude and unhelpful.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel - its not safe
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank mitmash1234
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The events you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, I will be asking the Dallas Police Department for an increased presence and overnight patrol of the property, especially during the overnight hours. I will also be following up with the Hotel Manager regarding her response to your request for assistance. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dri@extendedstay.com.