“Great for the money”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave.
Ranked #147 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Orlando, Florida
“Great for the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is not a 5 star hotel and doesn't claim to be. It is a relatively clean hotel with lots of room and basic furnishings. We stay here for a week and when we checked in at night I was a little skeptical, however under the light of day the next morning, the place was fine. It ended up being perfect for our needs. The kitchen is clean and functional with minimal and I mean minimal plates. bowls, utencils, ect. The bathroom is again very, very basic but clean and had good water pressure. The bed was comfortable and the flat screen TV was nice. As stated earlier, when I checked in in the evening I was skeptical- this is because there where some questionable people hanging around the parking lot and lobby area. People actually live in this hotel, which lends makes for some interesting aromas as you walk through the hallways, thats all I'll say about that. The hotel was very friendly and helpful and attended to all of our needs. Overall we enjoyed our stay here and would probably stay here again. Oh also- maid service is once a week unless you pay for more.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt that our Hotel was of great Value. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel overall is good and worth the money you pay for it. However it is extremely unsafe as I noticed a few prostitutes using this place for business. There would be strangers coming in and out during the evening and sometimes late at night. I had booked the hotel for 4 weeks but was uncomfortable after 2 weeks and moved to a different hotel. I am not sure about Dallas neighborhoods so maybe this is one of those shady neighborhoods.

I definitely would not recommend this hotel to families especially if you have kids. Beware of your personal belongings and cars. My car was damaged in the parking lot and the hotel staff refused to provide any assistance in this matter. The manager Nicole Ransom is extremely rude and unhelpful.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel - its not safe
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank mitmash1234
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The events you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, I will be asking the Dallas Police Department for an increased presence and overnight patrol of the property, especially during the overnight hours. I will also be following up with the Hotel Manager regarding her response to your request for assistance. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dri@extendedstay.com.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Check in was at 3:00pm. I didn't get access to my room until almost 6:00pm. My room smelled like a nursing home. The rest of the hotel smelled like a mix of b.o. and cheap marijuana. I literally woke up one morning, went down to the lobby, and saw someone passed out on the floor in the lobby. I will never come back here, and I recommend you avoid this place like the plague

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank s.allen1982
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay did not measure up to your expectation. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we are Increasing our overnight patrols of during the overnight hours , to allow us better isolate and respond to the events you described. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at _dri@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Extended Stay is definitely my second home, myself and my family were comfortable and safe and the rooms had everything I needed and big clean comfortable beds! Kitchen was a plus for me. I would definitely recommended my friends and family to this location.

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this review, September 27, 2012

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

A great stay and very clean. The staff was very friendly and courteous. My bed was so comfortable and the people in the area were very friendly and courteous. My stay was one of the best ones I've ever had thanks to the great staff.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank pacotaco4
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this review, September 10, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

My Stay at Extended Stay was awesome Renee was very polite and professional the room was clean neat and no odor I love the location it was right by the interstate that was a plus because I am not from Dallas and I don't know the area very well but I would recommend this hotel to others and I will make this hotel my home away from home.. Thanks Alot!!

• Stayed August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this review, August 17, 2012

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.
Lincoln, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

The room was clean and came equipped with a kitchenette. Many amenities close by. Quiet and gated at night for security. I enjoyed my stay, and would return again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo