“It's The Real Thing”

Ranked #1,247 of 3,640 Restaurants in Dallas
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lacelede and Routh near Theatre 3
Description: Like a friendly neighborhood trattoria you might find in Naples or Venice, MoMo’s serves fare passed down through generations. The atmosphere is friendly and intimate, with exposed brick walls and sunny patio. The patio invites people watching along Knox Avenue at the uptown location. MoMo’s continues to set the standard for Italian dining in Dallas. Directions: Best secret restaurant in Quadrangle . We are located at Lacelede & Routh next to Theatre 3
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been coming here for over 20 years. This restaurant is truly the first Italian restaurant in Dallas to offer food that might actually be seen in Italy. Fresh pasta, risotto, gnocchi and others foods were new to Dallas in the late 80's and early 90's. Momos on Forest had them and inspired an unsuspecting clientel to learn more about one of the globes most important food cultures. Since they have moved they have really hit a home run. Nice new location and ambience, a revamped and pared down menu that offers great specials and the same true to italian style cooking. Kicked up service and of course the same BYOW policy that puts it all together making Momo's one of the best Italian options in our city. Since they opened way back when, I have been all over the Italian country side and to most of the big city's. I respect Momo's ideas and cooking more now than ever. It is the real thing.

There are newer reviews for MoMo's

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have been to Momo's several times in the old location but have only been once in the new location. In many ways, I preferred the atmosphere of the old location better as it felt more Old World Italian but the food is the same excellent quality. The go to dish for my group is the Conchiglie a Modo Mio, which is delicious but heavy so be prepared to come away full. I have tried a handful of their other dishes, all of which have been excellent.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I have been dining at Momo's since we first moved to the neighborhood in 1998. When we were within walking distance, we had dinner at Momo's about once a week. Now that we've moved further away from the city, we still make the 25-mile drive to enjoy their delicious food at least once a month. In all those years, we have had consistently great food and excellent service. My personal favorite meal there includes a Primavera Salad with a light olive-oil based dressing and fontina cheese, followed by a simple pasta dish - Penne Alla Arrabiata - which is spicy hot and delicious without seeming too heavy. Because the meal is light enough, I can indulge in their amazing Tiramisu without feeling TOO guilty. My husband's favorite pasta is their Rotolo Verde, but since we've been regulars for years, we have tired many other dishes and would not hesitate to recommend pretty much anything on the menu.

After many years in the same location, Momo's is moving to the Quadrangle. We are anxiously waiting for them to open in the new location so we can enjoy our favorite Italian meal again soon!

By the way, contrary to what I read in another review, we have never known Momo's to be a BYOB place. They have a nice selection of wines plus a bar, and I believe that based on Texas alcohol laws, given the fact that they offer wine for sale, they are not allowed to be BYOB. So if you carry a bottle with you, don't be upset if they don't allow you to drink it on their premises. TABC can be pretty strict in their enforcement of alcohol laws, so don't blame Momo's when they're just following the law.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Amazing authentic Italian food the way they do it in Italy!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I've been to MoMo's twice....the first time was excellent (really really really good) but the second time was terrible (beyond bad). Haven't yet felt inclined to return . . .

2  Thank kd626