“Interesting but not a must see” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 229 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located on the sixth floor of the Dallas County Administration Building (formerly the Texas School Book Depository) from which Oswald fired those infamous shots, this historic exhibition chronicles the life, times, assassination and legacy of President John F. Kennedy. Online ticketing is now available through our website.
Melbourne, Australia
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Interesting but not a must see”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, the queues were a little annoying, I took an hour of standing the in the cold, wet wind to get in, which May have coloured my views on the place, so my advice to you is go and get your ticket from the gift shop across this road (queues there are shorter) and find out what time your admission is (they do it in blocks of 30 mins and no matter what time you're there, that's when you get in) and go and have lunch or coffee while you wait.

Once upstairs the exhibits cover the event itself, the conspiracy theories and JFK's life and legacy. This was OK, but unless you've been under a rock for the last half century, it isn't anything new and all the imagery is very familiar.

I wouldn't say its a must see, but it's well designed and obviously popular.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
York,SC
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“One of the Best Museums”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Excellent museum, very well done. I've been here 3 times, and it keeps getting better. Any history buff will enjoy. Highly recommended.

Oslo, Norway
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Very well carried out.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I really enjoyed this museum. They tell the story in a very captivating way and even if I didn't have a burning interest in the subject from before, I really appreciated the experience.

Visited September 2013
San Diego, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“I am a manly man and I freaking CRIED!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is a must see. It is an iconic moment in our history. The museum is spectacular. It always cracks me up at audio tours though because you look like a scene from The Walking Dead and you shuffle around with your fellow zombies.

I typically moan and groan about entrance fees (I am a cheapie, so what?) and this time I may have bellyached for 2.2 seconds, but it was worth every 16 dollar per person admission. GO ONLINE AND TYPE IN: SIXTH FLOOR MUSEUM COUPON for 2 dollars off.

Go outside and listen to the crackpot conspiracy theorists. It is worth the few moments to either make you a believer or just the same amount of time to shake your head and chuckle.

Crying moment: My wife and I happened to make eye contact right in the section of photographs of JFK being shot and we happened to have a perfect moment. We both had the lone tear running down our face. Of course, both our lips stuck out as soon as we saw each other in a moment of "I am not gonna cry, but I see you crying."

If you don't go to the museum at least go stand on the grassy knoll and just absorb our history.

1 Thank RoadTripGarth
Mineral Bluff, Georgia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great place to visit when in Dallas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Enjoyed seeing the place where JFK was assassinated. One of those events that "I knew exactly where I was when it happened." A MUST DO when you are in Dallas.