“Highlight of Dallas trip”

The Sixth Floor Museum/Texas School Book Depository
Ranked #2 of 251 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located on the sixth floor of the Dallas County Administration Building (formerly the Texas School Book Depository) from which Oswald fired those infamous shots, this historic exhibition chronicles the life, times, assassination and legacy of President John F. Kennedy. Online ticketing is now available through our website.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This museum was fantastic. The audio is a must do!
The audio, photos, visuals etc were all so well set up and everything flowed brilliantly.
Yes it can get busy but this just shows how popular it is. Just ignore the guys downstairs trying to sell you guides, I imagine they have nothing to do with the museum and are just a pain.
Seeing where JFK was shot was very moving.
Highly recommend!

1  Thank Lynsinoz
Write a ReviewReviews (7,557)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

It's chilling to take this tour and walk in the footsteps of the murder of a president. But, it's a must do in order to understand what happened and to get a first hand sense of the history. I actually learned a lot in a very short period that I did not know, and I thought I knew the whole story. I honestly felt chilled to see the spot that Ruby crouched in, it was almost overwhelming.

1  Thank lmclillly
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Finally went here with my parents after trying to figure out what to do on weekend, great decision. For all of us it was extremely informative and interesting. I would recommend it if you're looking for something to do. Sad day in history. I do have to say, be prepared for it to be pretty crowded.

1  Thank dantraveller15
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very interesting and well laid out. A bit expensive, but a great tale of the assassination of JFK. Much more than we expected for this singular historical event. Worth a visit.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have lived in Dallas a long time, but had never gotten around to visiting the Sixth Floor Museum until recently. It is worth a visit. They have a self guided audio tour that you can take at your own pace. You can spend 30 minutes or all day there, I think most people would take about 90 minutes.

Been to The Sixth Floor Museum/Texas School Book Depository? Share your experiences!