“Touching Musuem! So glad I came!”

The Sixth Floor Museum/Texas School Book Depository
Ranked #2 of 229 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located on the sixth floor of the Dallas County Administration Building (formerly the Texas School Book Depository) from which Oswald fired those infamous shots, this historic exhibition chronicles the life, times, assassination and legacy of President John F. Kennedy. Online ticketing is now available through our website.
London, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Touching Musuem! So glad I came!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We wanted to visit this musuem when we were in Dallas as we were recommended to come here by numerous people. I was happily surprised when we had headsets with running commentary about the JFK shooting. I learnt a lot and was very touched by it. I would recommend everyone to come here as it really is a great thing to do in Dallas.I learnt a lot about the great man JFK and his wonderful life and family. thank you!

Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mexico City, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Lots of information in various formats. Cannot miss it.”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I loved this museum. It's well organized and gives you a great insight on the life, not only death, of John F. Kennedy. You will learn about his family, background, achievements and then plenty of details about his assassination and immediate consequences.

One thing I liked about this museum is that it gives space to many of the conspiracy theories surrounding Kennedy's murder. The museum does not aim at giving an official position.

You will learn a lot here.

Visited September 2012
Grovetown, Georgia
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Its like you were there!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was my second visit and I felt like I still learned more. The footage of the visit was great and very sad to see the President before knowing what was about to happen. The choice he made not to have the windows up which were bullet proof. How the First Lady wouldn't leave Texas without her husband and the Secret Service forcibly took his body back for the autopsy. One of the best museums with so much information and photos and videos.My teenage son thought it was very interesting. It was far greater to learn about it in person.

Visited November 2012
Lompoc, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The one thing you can't miss when in Dallas!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

After a lifetime of seeing this on t.v. And reading about it in books, to stand and see the actual location was eerily special. This museum is so well done providing a thorough yet not over sensationalized look at this tragic moment in history. The value is one of the best for a museum & even better with your AAA card - be sure to bring & show. If time for only one thing to do in Big D, this would be the one.

Visited November 2012
Fort Lauderdale
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Worth every moment.”
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

We unknowingly went on the 49th anniversary day of the assassination. What a touching memorial and experience! My teenage kids were really impressed and I was surprised and happy that they were. The old man finally made them go to a museum they really enjoyed.
Definitely worth the visit!!