“Told me that I had to be active duty military to get a discount on VETERAN'S DAY!”

The Sixth Floor Museum/Texas School Book Depository
Ranked #2 of 231 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located on the sixth floor of the Dallas County Administration Building (formerly the Texas School Book Depository) from which Oswald fired those infamous shots, this historic exhibition chronicles the life, times, assassination and legacy of President John F. Kennedy. Online ticketing is now available through our website.
Jackson, Wyoming
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I am a USNAVY veteran who served 10 years in the military. I went to this museum on Veterans Day this year only to be told that no discount is given to veterans on Veterans Day--only to active duty military!
This museum was pretty cool, other than this experience. To be in a place that changed so much history is awe-inspiring.
I tried to call the museum's director before posting this review but after three days and no return call, I suppose they are just too busy for a sleazeball military veteran like myself!

Visited November 2012
4 Thank Amber P
SixthFloorMuseum, Public Relations Manager at The Sixth Floor Museum/Texas School Book Depository, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
We are terribly sorry for this slight. We will be revisiting our policies toward veterans on Veterans Day and contacting you personally. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, as well as for your service to our country.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
jackson MS
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“You Owe It to Yourself to Do This”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The museum presents a balanced approach to President Kennedy's murder. They made a credible case for Oswalt being the lone gunman, but they also acknowledge questions and the possibility that not everything is known. But what you really need to know, is that you need to visit her to get a sense of the logistics and "lay of the land" on how this occurred. Coming away from this I have a much better recognition how this assassination happened where it did and others besides Oswalt could have easily been involved.

Visited August 2012
Frederick, Maryland
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A must see if in Dallas”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Sixth Floor Museum provides a very thorough, thoughful, and informative history of JFK, his presidency, and the assasination. To stand at the sixth floor window and look out at the site of the assasination, Dealey Plaza, and the grassy knoll is an incredible experience. I highly recommend a visit.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Bob T
Dallas, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Great for Visitors to the City”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

It offers the walking through on your own or using an audio. My girls had been before 6th grade and their schools use that as a historical site to visit for Texas History. So, I went each year they were in Middle School.
And, history showed the route so many times, you will recognize the landmarks surrounding the horrible shooting of JFK. You sense a feeling of ' You were there'.

Tucson, Arizona
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Very cool!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is just one of those things that you need to do when you go to Dallas. Both my husband and I are history buffs and we liked the tour and it's self guided so you can go at your own pace. Plus it's air conditioned and the day we went it was 105 degrees so it was as refreshing as it was educational.

Visited September 2012