“Great South American Food”

La Duni Latin Kitchen & Baking Studio
Ranked #39 of 70 Bakeries in Dallas
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We have eaten at La Duni several times and always had a good meal. Tonight we had great meals. I had Carne Asada and my wife had Chicken Enchiladas. Both were very good. This is one of only two or three Dallas restaurants that can make a Caparrina, a common drink in Brazil that takes a unique sugar cane vodka. Two drinks, a shared appetizer, and entrees were $68 plus tip.

They are moving to a new location on Oaklawn and Maple. They say this will happen June 22, but I do not think they can make that date.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Small, cozy restaurant with fun atmosphere and excellent food and great wine selection. The desserts are incredible.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Fabulous Latin restaurant! Three co-workers and myself had dinner here. We split the queso verde dip and none of us could get enough! For my entree, I ordered the Rice Salad with Chicken. It was aesthetically pleasing and completely delicious! Others at the table had food envy. For dessert, we split a banana split and the cautro leches cake. Fantastic! Also, the original Mojito is fabulous!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is a favorite of my wife. They have a fun, eclectic menu and a good bar that can fix a large variety of special drinks.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have been coming here for weekend brunch for many years. Not only did they have amazing, imaginative dishes, but they also had the highest standards of quality and consistency I've ever seen. Then, a couple years ago, an immigration issue changed all that. And they never recovered. I kept going until recently, but the inconsistent quality, particularly the soggy potatoes that most likely sit for hours so that no one has to take the time to fry another batch, have forced me to cease my patronage. I even tried another location on McKinney, but my huevos rancheros had a salsa that more closely resembled canned tomato sauce. And, of course, I got the same old excuse that two years isn't enough to solve their problems. Whether it's their labor issues or just a consequence of opening too many locations to handle effectively, this does not even resemble the La Duni I used to know.