“It's all about the looks... and the desserts”

La Duni Latin Kitchen & Baking Studio
Ranked #38 of 68 Bakeries in Dallas
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Dallas, Texas
“It's all about the looks... and the desserts”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The place is well decorated and offers colorful, interesting-looking main courses. Unfortunately, this is the extent to which these food offerings appeal to me. I found the main dishes to be bland and somewhat overpriced. The service is choppy, with requests taking longer than expected. The only truly enjoyable items were coffee and desserts. I believe that this establishment would fare much better if it concentrated on the things it does best (desserts and baked goods) and wouldn't try to dabble into full-service dining.

• Visited July 2012

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A place to return to...”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I visit Dallas once a year and love to try new places to dine but La Duni is ALWAYS part of the plan. I had an incredible chicken, rice salad. The mix of flavored were so great! And I love the lime drink. It is so refreshing! Plan to be amazed. This is truly an experience.

• Visited August 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Great way to spend a Saturday morning!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Had a great experience this morning with brunch at La Duni on Oak Lawn. Of course, their menu is weighted toward Latin/Mexican dishes for brunch and each one looked great. My friend had the poblano pepper/egg dish which he said was excellent. I opted for a more traditional eggs with their excellent roasted cheese potatoes. Great! The atmosphere was relaxed "weekend", the style of the restaurant is Latin classy, and our wait person, outstanding! I wish I had her name but, La Duni's, if your reading this....corner table just to right of entrance to restroom area, 10:30am, Saturday, 9/2. Look it up and reward her...she's great!
PS: We got a small sampler plate of their excellent pastries complimentary as we sipped our coffee/tea and perusing the menu. A very nice touch!

• Visited September 2012
jenigale
“Yummy!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is by far the best latin dining around! I frequent La Duni at every chance I get. Make sure to try the sandwiches (the bread is amazing!) and the Cuatro Leches!

Visited July 2012
Austin, Texas
“Great breakfast/brunch”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Arrived on a Saturday morning around 10:30am. Had a short 10 minute wait for a table. The service was prompt and efficienty. We greatly enjoyed the iced tea (apricot/kiwi) and the cafe con leche...nice Latin twists. For brunch we had a variety of dished including the Homemade Granola and House Yogurt (large, very fresh oats, nuts, dried fruit with honey, bananas, and berries...quite filling); Gruyere and Ham Scramble (with a homemade english muffin...large, fresh, and very tasty); and the Huevos Rancheros (great salsa).

While the desserts looked great, we just did not have room after a very wonderful brunch. We will return in the future for a sampling of the cakes and desserts.

• Visited July 2012