“Mighty Good BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Neighborhood: Northwest Dallas-love Field
Oxford, Mississippi
“Mighty Good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Outstanding brisket, which is what Texas BBQ is all about. Sides were good, but this place is all about the meat. Some of our party had the pulled pork, and it was good, but the brisket was exceptional.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank OleManRiver

San Antonio, TX
“Must Eat Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were staying in Dallas for my son's basketball tournament. He likes barbeque a lot, but is somewhat particular. He found this place from a review site. When we arrived in the parking lot there was a line out the door. This was a good sign. Since this was our first visit, we did not know what to expect. The food was very good. It ranks at the top of our bbq food experiences. There was a wide selection. We did not realize it was cafeteria style which was good since you could see the food. I had the bbq pork sandwich plate. What a huge portion and very delicious. My son, the picky bbq eater, had a plate with sausage, brisket and ribs. He enjoyed it a lot! My wife had the turkey. It was very good also. No disappointment with the sides either. The mashed potatoes were very good! While we enjoyed the food, the line was a little slow. Regardless, it was worth the wait.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Austin, Texas
“Deserves accolades”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The bad news is that they are not open for dinner. The good news is that the food is most pleasantly flavorful, reasonably priced, and served up cafeteria style so the service is as good as you make it. The atmosphere is typically Western, Texas style. And, to make it really, REALLY good, you can fix yourself a soft serve ice cream cone at no additional charge!
We were very happy campers to be sure.

Visited August 2013
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Fabulous BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were taken to Mikes by a business acquaintance, and what a great place! The food choices cover everything you could want for barbecue, the problem is deciding which to chose. The portions are very generous, and the taste of everything is great. There were 5 of us newcomers, and everyone wanted to return the next day for lunch again. I would definitely go there again when I am in Dallas.

• Visited August 2013
Williamsburg
“Bangin' BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was visiting Dallas for the first time last month and this was my first lunch while I was there. This was the only BBQ place that I was fortunate enough to eat at while there, so I can't compare it to others, but considering how good Mike's was, perhaps you don't need to go anywhere else. As to be expected with its popularity, there was line to the door at lunchtime, however, it didn't take very long to get my food. I had the BBQ dinner plate with Brisket, Pulled Pork, & Beef Ribs and sides of Fried Okra and Old School BBQ Baked Beans and Sausage, Texas Toast, a sweet tea and free ice cream for dessert. The food was great, the people were friendly, and there was plenty of seating available. I'll definitely be returning to Mike's during my next trip to Dallas.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Been to Mike Anderson's BBQ? Share your experiences!