“Excellent BBQ and sides!”

Mike Anderson's BBQ
Ranked #136 of 3,881 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighborhood: Northwest Dallas-love Field
Neighborhood: Northwest Dallas-love Field
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Come here early for lunch as this place closes at 2:30. My plate had turkey, brisket and beer brats. Very good selection of meats and sides. I loved the pinto beans, rice, jalapeño and brisket side. BBQ sauce was not my favorite but everything else was great!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The beef rib is good, but not huge like I'm typically used to. My hot link was the best part of my meal. The brisket was unfortunately dry. Very good sides and byob (fortunately you can jog over to the gas station and pick up a cold brew to go with your bbq).

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My family and I were in the mood for some barbeque and happened across this place. It's a bit of a hole in the wall as it's situated in a somewhat hard to reach area in what appears to be the Dallas medical district. BOY! When we arrived, the line was long, which made us more anxious to try the food. Ordering is a lot like school cafeteria rules: wait in line, choose your food, pay at the end, then seat yourself. I ordered the brisket and sausage. It was delicious! I also chose the garlic cheddar mashed potatoes and baked beans. Both were great as well. My mom and grandma both chose the ribs and admitted they were the best ribs they've ever had.
I would recommend this place if you want good barbeque for a good price. Also, the staff made the trip extremely pleasant as they were friendly and helpful. If the long line was a judge of anything from the locals, this is a place that has been around for a while, and will continue to be a great place to enjoy some great bbq!:)

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We brought our entire club Velocity volleyball team, from Baltimore, for lunch and everything was wonderful. We had Monster baked potatoes, beef brisket, pork ribs, beef ribs, pulled pork and more. It was all great. The sides were great as well as the desserts. Don't forget the free ice cream. We will be back next trip to Dallas. Thanks to the friendly staff at Mike Anderson's.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Mike Anderson's closes at 2:30, and I made it just in the nick of time with only seven minutes to spare.

All of their BBQ Dinner Plates come with up to three meats and two sides. For my first two, I picked brisket and pork ribs. I also wanted to sample their beer bratwurst, which they had unfortunately run out of by this point. The helpful server behind the counter recommended their jalapeno cheddar sausage instead. For side #1, I decided on jalapeno pinto beans with rice and brisket. You can also get dessert as one of your sides, so I eagerly asked for Granny's peach cobbler. They were out of cobbler too, but I was ok with substituting Dee's banana pudding.

The beans had a ton of flavor and plenty of heat to boot, courtesy of the big slices of pickled jalapeno. I found a decent amount of Cajun seasonings, which added to the heat level. The rice didn't add much in terms of taste, but did add a nice texture balance.

Mike Anderson's makes their sausage in house with about a 60/40 moo-to-oink ratio. My sausage was very cheesy, but only moderately spicy. There was also a nice snap to the casings, which is always appreciated. The jalapeno cheddar sausage was an excellent second choice.

My brisket was very tender and juicy; I only found one bite out of all my slices that was a tad dry. The brisket had a slight smoke ring, which I expected to be much larger given the abundance of smokey flavor throughout. The crust was well seasoned, as was the rest of the cut.

Of the three meats, the ribs had the most smoke. There was a thick red hue on the edges which validated my taste buds. Smokiness aside, the ribs were a little on the dry side. Not so much overcooked, just dry. The crust had a nice sweetness to it, but could benefit from more seasoning.

The banana pudding was a perfect palate cleanser. It was a little runny, but not enough to ruin things. My 'nilla wafers, which easily could have been very soggy, still had some crunch left to them too.

I'll definitely be going back to Mike Anderson's, and hopefully they'll have some beer bratwurst available the next time around.

Read my full review, complete with pictures:

The Barbecue Fiend

Been to Mike Anderson's BBQ? Share your experiences!