“Seriously overrated”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Well, first of all I am not the kind of person to tell people what to do with dining. So, I read the reviews, looked it all over and planned a visit. Overall, I found it overpriced and basically quite average in flavour.. Yes it is quaint - but I ordered the escargot soufflé, and the with had the crab soufflé. She ordered the marshmallow soup and we had the creme broulee and apricot dessert.

Escargot was tiny, soufflé had a burnt taste, and the crab was very basic. The marshmallow soup is a gimmick in my opinion - it's tomato soup with a spice added and with a handful of marshmallows in it (seriously), Apparently the apricot was somewhat classic but the brûlée was pretty average. The side of bread rolls is nice, but using the cute guillotine thry provide will squash the bread, so beware. Price? All that cost us $80.00, food cost for this? Maybe $5. Won't waste my time here again.

1  Thank ca920

Reviewed May 28, 2014

So the food was delicious, but the service lacked the equal equivalent. Our waitress messed up our order and sent out the wrong dish. My sister didn't want to send it back due to all the rumors of what restaurant do. So she tried but everyone could see how unhappy and displeased the dish tasted. I would expect at the level the restaurant claims to be they should had taken customer service above and beyond. I found the restaurant freezing, not just cold but unbearable freezing. They were also extremely over staffed. Many were just standing staring, very uncomfortable. I will go back just to experience the food again.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

If I could I would give them 10 stars.

This place does soufflés like know one else. We had the ham and cheese and the crab soufflé. Unbelievably great.

The salad was the best ever and the marshmallow soup was to die for. I can wait to go back.

Oh yeah that banana fosters soufflé was awesome. The only thing better is real bananas fosters in nawlins.

I loved that they used old wine bottles for water cups and wine glasses.

This place is very European. They serve water with out ice.

Daniel C was our waiter and a superb one at that. Just hope you get seated at his table.

We loved that you could buy just about anything in the restaurant.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I have rated this restaurant before. It is one of my favorites in Dallas! I think it will surprise you! The soufflés are so light and airy, but quite filling at the same time! I would highly recommend the "marshmallow soup" and the chocolate soufflé for dessert! You must go check it out for something different. You will become a fan!

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is excellent! I didn't expect to like a french soufflé restaurant so much but it is amazing. The staff was courteous, the food was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. I could eat soufflé every meal! Try it -- you will love it!

6  Thank CloudTenReviews

Been to Rise no. 1? Share your experiences!