“It is quaint, but not the best..”
Review of Rise no. 1

Rise no. 1
Ranked #4 of 3,609 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“It is quaint, but not the best..”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

The server did not know much about French cuisine and tried telling me that wine in France is served in juice glasses. After she conferred with her boss she came back an apologized and said that it was their restaurant's thing, but indeed France uses wine glasses. ( no kidding) I was told if I wanted a wine glass I should request it in future because as a standard they use juice glasses for wine. As for soufflé it was okay, but the soup was fantastic! It was a bit pricey for the type of service, not sure I would go back, but I did like the wine list, so it might be worth it for that and the soup.

Visited November 2013

Sao Paulo
“Thanksgiving week in Dallas”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We went, en famille, on two occasions. The decoration is very "quaint" and the souflees are excellent. The service is a little amateur but all in all very good.
A suggestion - bottles of sparkling water look a little more sophisticated than the current dispensers

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Soufflé!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Wow. Haven't had a soufflé in years. So it was a special treat when, meeting friends here today for an impromptu lunch, I found that soufflés are a specialty. I ordered the sundried tomato/goat cheese and it was A-maz-ing. Light and fluffy, seasonings spot on, what a treat! Service impeccable and professional. Cannot rave enough!

1 Thank FoodiesAnonymous
Cooper, Texas
“Overall, a good place.”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Great food, cool atmosphere. Our waitress was good, but I guess with the price of the food, I was expecting a little more from her. We went around 5 o'clock and there were very few people there. The hostess was not very pleasant, and tried to seat us out on the patio instead of in the dining room. The patio is dog friendly, which is cool, but it smelled like dog urine.... So, as long as you can sit in the dining room, you should have a good experience....

• Visited November 2013
Ft. Myers FL
“A Favorite Place in Dallas”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

There is something very comforting abut Rise. From the minute you enter the shabby chic dining room until the last bite of souffle, you are transported to a back street in Paris. This restaurant is.a favorite of my niece and nephew who live in Dallas and who eat here often. There is a hidden frog that when found, provides the kids with a free dessert souffle. I enjoyed the salad, ham and cheese souffle and a pumpkin dessert souffle that was very creamy and good. The service on this occasion was efficient but not over enthusiastic. I would have liked a little friendlier service to match the warmth and coziness of the restaurant. I will be returning soon as I like the souffles and the idea of being transported to France.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Sammysue

Been to Rise no. 1? Share your experiences!