“An Informative Tour by an Experienced Tour Guide”

Explore Dallas Tours
Ranked #15 of 45 Tours in Dallas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Every passenger that accompanies EXPLORE DALLAS TOURS is guaranteed an accomplished tour guide and a veteran of conducting over 700 tours since 2010. A 6th generation Texan, a 33-year resident of Dallas and a graduate of SMU in Dallas, conducts personalized tours filled with historic details and contemporary observations of landmarks and attractions during a tour designed for each personalizd itinerary. As a resident of Dallas, the excitement provided by the City's museums, performance halls, academic affairs and restaurants is a life-style to be shared with those on tour with EXPLORE DALLAS TOURS. Explore the historical highlights of Dallas and what is new and exciting about this wheeling and dealing city it is today! Walk in the footsteps of pioneers, historic cattle trails, civic leaders, corporate titans, fashion legends, world-renowned architects, computer software innovators, humanitarians and conspirators that make "Big D" the international city known throughout the world!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 18, 2016

My parents and family were visiting Dallas for the first time and really enjoyed the 3 hour drive around Dallas. The tour was very informative and a lot of fun. Even though it rained and they had to cut short the initial walking part, John Estes made sure they could see as much as possible in spite of the heavy rains. He also suggested some good restaurants and cafes which they enjoyed. I will highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed July 4, 2016

I recently accompanied Dallas Tours on a 3-hour jaunt of Dallas landmarks and attractions as a translator for a delightful couple from Argentina. I've lived in Dallas for 30 years, taught at a local university and am a member of several local cultural and social organizations. I thought I knew Dallas! However, John, the excellent tour guide, offered facts and insights that have enhanced my view of Dallas. By providing keen observations, John was able to transition the "what was" of Dallas historically to the "what is" about the city today. John provided background stories of the Winspear Opera House, the Meyerson Symphony Hall and Pioneer Plaza in an interesting and engaging way.The walk through Dealey Plaza wit his commentary about JFK was fascinating.
The tour was very interesting, educational and fun. We rode in John's comfortable, air-
conditioned auto. Upon returning to the hotel, the passengers' explanation to the concierge as to the quality of the tour was "Fantastico"! I couldn't agree more!

Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Rosewood Mansion in Dallas to attend a family wedding. We added days before and after to see the sights. When we asked the consiege about a tour of Dallas they called John Estes of Explore Dallas Tours. The adventure began when he arrived to take us on our personal tour. I can't imagine anyone who is more passionate about sharing his knowledge of the Dallas area. What a very interesting time we had learning about fascinating facts about Dallas! After enjoying the wedding we asked that a reservation be made to tour Fort Worth and asked for Mr. Estes. Once again, we were not disappointed. I highly recommend Explore Dallas Tours for that personal touch. He is amazing!!

1  Thank MacDrix
John E, Owner at Explore Dallas Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2016

Thank you for the kind evaluation. Delighted that you enjoyed the tours.

Reviewed June 21, 2016

Arriving in Dallas for a 3 night stay. Westin Galleria Hotel highly recommended this tour. Amazing host John went above and beyond: home made muffins, bottled water each. John went well out of his way to accommodate any requests. John was a fountain of knowledge. The tour was fantastic.
Thank you Louise Catherine and Alanna: New Zealand

John E, Owner at Explore Dallas Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2016

Thank you, Louise. Touring with ladies like you makes my job so much fun!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 15, 2016

I can confirm that we had a fantastic day tour with John to Fort Worth in early June 2016.
We booked seamlessly via concierge at the Westin Galeria, and was met by John at the reception on the day of the tour.
The car was fully air conditioned and John proved to be an excellent host throughout the day.
He stopped at periodic places of interest and had a vast knowledge of the Dallas and Fort Worth area, and showed photographs to support and give further information on the various points of interest.
This added colour to the tour as well as not being rushed should a bit longer be required to be spent at at a stop.
During the tour we saw many points of interest leading up to Fort Worth from Dallas, points of interest within Fort Worth it's self and concluded at The Stockyards which was fascinating.
It should be pointed at that as John is so well respected within the Dallas/Fort Worth touring fraternity, that he was able to gain entry to various venues that may not have been accessible or available, again adding real value to the tour.
As a conclusion I would thoroughly recommend this outstanding tour to anyone visiting the Dallas/Fort Worth area and wishing to see some of the outstanding sites.

Marcus Tobin,