“Good food, great wait staff.”
Review of Central 214 - CLOSED

Central 214
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Mockingbird
Transit: Across the street from DART's Mockingbird station.
Description: Central 214’s extensive menu celebrates the diverse flavors and substantial tradition of American regional cuisine. The menu evolves with the seasons to feature the freshest seafood, poultry and local produce. Central 214 sources its ingredients from regional purveyors across the country to heighten the authenticity of the menu. Diners experience the soul of American cooking with rustic flavors, approachable dishes and the intimacy of sharing familiar American food together with family and friends.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

After a very long day touring SMU, we enjoyed a good meal at Central 214 which is right off the lobby in the Palomar Hotel. Great cocktails, wonderful service. The menu has something for everyone. Our grand daughter enjoyed the Tomato Basil soup and grilled cheese, my husband's steak was perfectly prepared, and I enjoyed the roast chicken breast with seasonal vegetables. The next morning we enjoyed breakfast. Nothing fancy, but prepared fresh and great service.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

While staying at the Palomar in Dallas, I had the opportunity to dine at Central 214 (their in-house restaurant) for dinner and breakfast. Although the menu was limited and a bit pricey, their beef brisket was amazing and could be as good as I've had! Breakfast was good, as was the service.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

was somewhat disappointed. Boring (and I mean, tasteless) salad--how do you make a tasteless salad?), and the dessert was equally sleep-inducing--the "signature", "ugly pug" chocolate cake, was well-named. Just boring. At least the Kobe beef was wonderful. The disappointment was in that the meal started and ended on a disappointing note.

edward s, General Manager at Central 214, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Hello!
Thank you for your candid feedback and I am so sorry that your dining experience was so disappointing. We will soon introduce our new fall menu and hope that you will have the opportunity to join us and sample some of the new and exciting dishes that Chef will be introducing.

Thank you again for your comments!

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We've been there twice. The first time was blow your mind good. The second time was during restaurant week and we just weren't as impressed. Good cocktails. Excellent green tomato pie.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was staying at the Palomar and went here for a drink one night and breakfast the next morning. The service is slow. They didn't have grenadine for my drink which was very weird. They don't have "breakfast" just brunch so the selection for breakfast is limited.

edward s, General Manager at Central 214, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Good afternoon!

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent dining experience at Central 214 Restaurant.

I'm sorry that on this occasion your overall experience was negative, but rest assured I will be addressing each of your comments with my team so that we can work toward resolving the issues.

Thank you again and I hope that you will join us at Central 214 again soon and enjoy a more positive dining experience.

Central 214 Restaurant