“We are so happy”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Dalhart
Houston, Texas
“We are so happy”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I am going to colorado with my family we are stope buy in dalhart. I am fine the room price is all hotel is to expend. Econolodge is good price and good clean room. My kids enjoy it big TV and food...so I am happy

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
lee n, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, December 25, 2013

econolodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 17, 2013

i stayed here for a night, had a good experience. Rooms are nice and clean, has nice big tv.
And awesome hot breakfast. I think I got what I have paid for.
I would stay again when I will be in town and would recommend to stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SuunyD13
lee n, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear sunny,

Flemington, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My daughter and I had to stay in Dalhart TX to finish some legal matters, and we had no car. We had no idea how long we would need to stay. After the first night, the manager graciously allowed us a late checkout. After that we sat in the lobby for several hours until we knew we'd need another night. We checked back in, then had to sit in the lobby for another three hours on the 3rd day, too! Finally, we were able to head back to NJ.

The manager and staff COULD NOT HAVE BEEN NICER! It was a very stressful time for us and they were very, very kind and helpful. Dalhart is a tiny town, and when we approached the hotel at first I wondered what it would be like as, frankly, we usually stay in HIltons. The exterior is unassuming, but the rooms were clean and pleasant, and the staff terrific. If we ever have to go back to Dalhart, we'd stay there again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Christine T
lee n, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear L.Wesley,

Bells, Texas
Reviewed September 22, 2013

When we got home we had a survey on the computer about our stay. I filled it out but it is not in the reviews. So, I'm writing another one.

We had a written confirmation for a king sized bed, non-smoking room and a pet room up stairs. We got two queen size beds, down stairs. We did get a non-smoking room. The room smelled so bad we had to get a room freshener to stay in there. When I took the dog out, the only area was a small strip at the end of the building and there were rocks and broken glass. If they are going to allow pets, they need to have a safe place to take them. The lighting was so bad, I had to un plug the micro wave to keep my curling iron on.

Room Tip: I don't know! I made the reservations two months early and had written confirmation. How would s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sherri D
lee n, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Robert,

econolodge

Travelers are raving about these Dalhart hotels

Lubbock, Texas, USA
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed here on our way back from Colorado. The Econolodge had a clean room with a comfortable bed. The breakfast was good. Seemed to be a good choice for the price. (No fly problems, the staff were friendly, and the air conditioner worked fine)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jdb_squared
lee n, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Norris,

Frisco, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My family was unsuccessful finding a hotel in Amarillo on a trip to Colorado. We kept driving and ended up in Dalhart around 2:00AM. We decided to give the Econo Lodge a try and were really surprised. The room rate was fair and the room was extremely clean. The air conditioner worked great and my family of 5 got a well deserved rest. The place has been recently renovated and is well maintained. We did not try the breakfast as we slept past the serving time.

We didn't notice any flies, but it was 2:00AM when we checked in.

There is a place right across the street (Juan Burrito) that serves really great breakfast burritos. They serve your food on a Frisbee.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Charles V
lee n, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Melanie Dawn,

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 24, 2013

First of all, I have have stayed in Dalhart on business for 14 years now, expect flies, flies are everywhere in Dalhart, just part of the town. They hotel is Nice, clean and comfortable. Huge TV and comfortable beds. I did not see anything to piss and moan about. The breakfast is ok, nothing great, if you want more....go to McDonalds. For the area, I thought the price was fair. Oh, and the clerks at the front desk at check in and out were nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business