“Not the best choice.”

Econo Lodge
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Dalhart
“Not the best choice.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

The Room and bathroom are clean. But there were too many flies in the room. Also there appeared to be sketchy workers outside in the lot drinking beer and barbecuing. The doors have security locks on them and there are signs posted in the parking lot to lock your car. What does that tell you?

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nancy P
lee n, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear nancy,

Property CHI
gm
econolodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We pulled in late and checked in quickly, a plus. Turned the corner to several groups of men outside drinking on the balcony. Pass them with my family to a room that is missing an alarm clock, the smoke detector, and the bolt on the door. We put books on the curtains so we could turn the air on without somebody looking in. Not a good experience. But, we did get some sleep?!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Rljacks

Travelers are raving about these Dalhart hotels

Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

On 12/20/12 I called to make reservations for the night of 12/22/12. I talked to Amanda. Not quite the professional type; I even had to ask her if she wanted my phone number and asked for the confirmation number. When we arrived on 12/22/12, the man at the desk said he had no reservations in my name. He was eating his pizza and I seemed to have bothered him. Anyway, I gave him my number and he found my reservation and said the reservation was for the night of 12/20/12 (which is when I called). They had available rooms, but there was a mixup and he said to be sure to check my credit card to insure I had not been charged for the night of 12/20/12.

The next morning I did check my credit card and had been charged for one night on 12/20/12. I went to the desk to get it straightened out. The lady at the desk was very courteous; she called the manager who could only speak very broken English. When I tried to explain my issue, he began telling me that I was given a king size bed at a lower rate than I should have been. He wanted to charge me more than what was agreed on for the previous night's stay rather than discuss my issue of being charged for night I had not made a reservation for; both of these were clerical type errors. He became very irate when I told him I wanted a credit for the night I did not stay and that I was not paying more money for the previous night's stay.

Pros: the place has been renovated and the rooms were nice for the price. The hot breakfast was very good also. I just feel the management was trying to take advantage of me by trying to get more money than they were owed. I plan to contact their corporate office.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank momsham
low low
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I reseved this room 2 days in advance. But I paid cash when I arrived. The morning I arrived, which was around 7:30 am Saturday. The man at front desk said I would have to check out at 11:00am. But I had been speaking to Amanda for those two days to make sure everything would still be the same when I arrived since I was going to be 9 hours away from home. Amanda let me know over the phone when I reserved the room that I would be able to check-out at 11:00am Sunday. So, the man at the front desk says that Amanda was new and that yesterday was her last day working for them. Thankfully he did not charge me for two days. Saturday night when I arrived back at the room I called the office because I did not get room service that day and we needed towels. The owner tells me that I need to give him a $50 deposit. By this time I was so confused as to why in the world I need to give a deposit for towels. I let him know that when I checked in the man at the front desk never said anything about a deposit. His words were that he was new and did not know to charge a deposit in the case of something being stolen or damaged. We checked out at 9:00 am on sunday morning. After getting back home to pay my rent, there was an unauthorized charge on my card for $50 from Econo lodge. So I call Lee and ask him why did he charge my card without my consent or me knowing. Oh and guess who answers the phone when I call? Amanda!! The girl that supposedly did not work there anymore. He tells me that I ruined his pillow and his blanket. I do admit my son spilled juice on it, but that is definitely something that can be washed out. So he charged me $50 for a pillow. I am disputing this with my bank. I was so upset about this and really regret ever going there. Hopefully, I will be reinbursed for this.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Missy b
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Sometimes you sacrifice quality to save a few dollars, but we were pleased with the value here. The room had been freshly painted and was clean. Obviously the panhandle of Texas isn't a tourist destination and doesn't have much to offer travelers but it sure seems as though they are making a sincere effort to provide nicer accomodations. Amanda at the front desk was very helpful and we enjoyed a good night's sleep; continental breakfast included B&G and scrambled eggs. We checked in about dusk and it seemed as though there was non-stop train traffic and the hotel is located on the intersection of two major traffic routes, but upon returning after supper it seemed to have quieted down considerably. Room had fridge/micro and wi-fi with decent signal strength. About all it lacked was a flat screen tv, but there were still plenty of channels to choose from and we'd stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank LINDA H
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

When we stayed in the ECONOLODGE our stay was very pleasant, the parking was well lighted and easily assessible and the breakfast was very good and also a good selection of breakfast foods. The bedroom and the bathroom were very clean. We would certainly not hesitate to recommend this as a good place to spend the night

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank merry s
Allen, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel, mainly because of the location of Dalhart, not especially the hotel itself. The hotel is old and right on the main road thru town so when we arrived I was concerned. Much to my surprise, the room was very clean and once we were inside our room with the door closed I heard no noise. And the biscuits and gravy for breakfast was great!

• Stayed July 2012