“Great hotel”

Best Western Nursanickel Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Dalhart
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Coffee, hot tea and hot chocolate and popcorn available. Very accommodating staff. The hotel is in a great location, secluded off the highway. Was late for breakfast and the manager reheated us some breakfast and made sure we had plenty.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Sukhbarry, General Manager at Best Western Nursanickel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Stacy Leona
Thanks
GM
Best Western Nursanickel Motel

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I really enjoyed staying here at the Best Western in Dalhart, TX. The management and staff are excellent. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable , and the breakfast is awesome. I stayed about 3 weeks here and I did not have any problems. People talk about the noise of the train, but really its not bad, just turn on your fan and you will barely hear it. If any body is looking for a place to stay in Dalhart, TX stay at the Best Western. Thumbs Up.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for ear plugs. They have them. But really the noise is not bad.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Sukhbarry, General Manager at Best Western Nursanickel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear ,Jaime
.If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 806-244-5637.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 4, 2014

the noise from the fans are too much don't stay here, they told us about trains are nothing compared to the fans in the rooms. Every time the heater came on we would wake up. They breakfast was ok but no waffles that's why I like Best Western chain was for the waffles.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sukhbarry, General Manager at Best Western Nursanickel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear , Brewer M
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.The Train noise,we can not do nothing about it because it runs by Federal government . However, we are working togather with City Of Dalhart & Chamber of commerce to have atleast quite Zone at 9PM to 6AM and we received positive feedback from Railroad. It may be possible soon or when that we can not assure you. Also, we try to let our guests know upon check in and offer free ear plugs. About the heater you talking about is worst then train noise but I been renting this room everyday after you check out and we did not have any complain about fan noise. Also, I stood like 20 minutes in that room and it looks to me just regular fan noise when it kick off. We do have waffle and it is not fresh but ready made, but we in aprocess of getting it fresh. Also, we are replacing case goods & fixture’s in room and possibility of stucco over the brick outside.
If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 806-244-5637.

806-244-5637

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

The room was very clean, comfortable, and spacious. It is unfortunate that the train sounds like it is coming through the hotel parking lot while blowing it's horn ALL night. The track and crossing are literally steps away. It was impossible to sleep.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank c0l0rad0traveler
Sukhbarry, General Manager at Best Western Nursanickel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

From >Golden COLORADO
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. The Train noise, we can not do nothing about it because it runs by Federal government . However, we are working together with City Of Dalhart & Chamber of commerce to have at least quite Zone at 9PM to 6AM and we received positive feedback from railroad. It may be possible soon or when that we can not assure you. Also, we try to let our guests know upon check in and offer free ear plugs.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

What a miserable night! Trains ride right along the hotel and blow incredibly loud whistles all night long. Do not stay here or anywhere in Dalhart. Seriously, just keep driving to the next town! The hotel room was very nice and clean, but that doesn't excuse management for failing to inform us of this nuisance. The management claims that the problem exists in every hotel here, but I believe the Best Western is the only one next to the highway/track crossing where the conductors really lay down the whistle to alert drivers.The next morning, the front desk attendant pointed to a sign that warned of the train and said that earplugs were available on request, but you can hear this whistle easily through earplugs. I think it is management's responsibility to inform guests about this, and the fact that other reviews don't mention it tells me that some have been fabricated.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Tito-El-Bandito
Sukhbarry, General Manager at Best Western Nursanickel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

To,
Dear Tito

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. We are working with city,chamber of commerce and rail road to keep quite zone from 9PM to 6 AM and we have received positive feedback from them.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 806-244-5637 .

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We got trapped by a snow storm and fog, so we were glad to find a hotel easily since we have a dog. The room is well-suited for animals. My dog and I were a little nervous on the metal stairway since it was icy. I feel badly for this hotel b/c they seem to be trying to make it comfortable. However, the location next to a train makes for a noisy night. Take earplugs if you're a light sleeper.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Sukhbarry, General Manager at Best Western Nursanickel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

102 SCOTT AVE. /CORNER OF HWY 87/385 & 54, DALHART TX, 79022-2735 PH: (806) 244-5637

December 26, 2013
Dear Mr. /Mrs. /Ms.:
I am concerned about the problem you experienced at our hotel during your recent stay. We will not know until some one tells us. I am writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. About Train Noise, we are working together (City Of Dalhart, Chamber Of Commerce and rail road) to have quite zone from 9pm to 6am and we got a positive response from rail road .
We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.
A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and management is in the process of preventing the problems you experienced from happening again. Therefore, I’d like you to give us another chance by staying with us again during your next visit to Dalhart, Texas.
We recently upgrade the bathrooms with Granite surround including accent Paint in room. & New ADA complied toilet Commode, & exhaust Fan including all electric outlets in rooms. Also, Replaced carpet, Doors and Locks in all rooms. We in a process of changing Furniture and fixtures, window curtains with black out drapes and possibility of stucco over the brick outside.
This letter** represents a discounted rate of 15%**(Not Valid with any other Discounts) on our Best Available Rate during the next time you stay with us, subject to availability & must reserve direct to property. Please contact me directly to arrange your reservation OR one of our front desk staff will assist you, and simply present this letter to the front desk staff upon check-in. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There’s no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction.

Barry Sukha

· *Original discount letter must be presented at check-in. Advance reservation required.
· **Expires: 04/30/2014.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

My review may be a bit tainted by the fact that the night before we stayed in a really dirty hotel but this was such an amazing surprise after being on the road all day. It was very clean, it was modern, the bed was comfortable, good water pressure, nice shower, and a pretty good breakfast. Oh and our dog was only $10 extra - worth every penny.

• Stayed: December 2013
Sukhbarry, General Manager at Best Western Nursanickel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Ms./Mrs. :Ericka