“Good stay until I was double billed”

BEST WESTERN Nursanickel Hotel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Dalhart
Chico, TX
“Good stay until I was double billed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We bought this through Travelocity. Of course, they asked for a credit card upon arrival. The room was clean and up to date. The breakfast was good. I was happy until I returned home and got my credit card bill. They had charged me for the room I had already paid for. I will be contacting them and asking for a refund.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sukhbarry, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Nursanickel Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. we already issued a credit on your card and we charged travelocity credit card.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 806-244-5637 .

BEST WESTERN Nursanickel Motel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Dalhart is a town where you're happy to be passing through. The motel was very clean and the rooms offer microwaves & refrigerators plus a hot breakfast. For Texans en route to Colorado it offers a welcome pause. (A train track runs right through town but motels offer earplugs if desired!)

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Eileenthepainter
Sukhbarry, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Nursanickel Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 806-244-5637 .

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

The room was clean, recently updated and the bed comfy. Bathroom very tiny and tough to close door. Front desk staff very friendly and accommodating. Small but clean pool. Decent hot breakfast. Free newspaper.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you don't like taking the stairs request a ground floor room early. Take advan...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sukhbarry, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Nursanickel Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2012

Linden, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Large room recently remodeled, new carpet, new bath, large room. Friendly desk clerks. Never heard a train. Conveniently located, and served hot breakfast. Price was decent. Booked online for lower rate directly on best western site.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tigertech6886

San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

The desk help is friendly, the room was clean and everything worked, and it's close to restaurants, supermarkets, gas stations, and downtown. The only drawback is the nearby train track, but the motel thoughtly provides earplugs. The train didn't wake me up. The breakfast served in the office isn't bad and offers, among other choices, fresh fruit and hot oatmeal. Perhaps the price could be $10 lower, but I'd still choose it again over other motels in the Texas Panhandle.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Conroe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stopped here on our way home. I don't like to check into hotel without review, but this place was ok. I thought it was a bit over priced - when we paid $66 for a LaQuinta a week earlier. I will stay here again though. The room was clean and very spacious. One of the electrical outlets was missing in our room, the plumbing fixture wasn't complete in the bathtub, my husband pointed it out and said "THIS is a $90 room, with these items missing!" Breakfast looked as if good, we didn't eat there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

You have to be kidding that this motel is number 1. No way. First it is so close to the train tracks that you will literally jump off your mattress thinking a train is about to ram the hotel at 1 am 4 am 6 am. Even with the fan on and earplugs it startled me let alone woke me up. I have never jump in bed except for earthquakes and these trains. Sooooooo loud. Next our floor in our room sloped to the center more than an inch or so. Things rolled on the table. The stairs leading up to the second level were chipped and falling apart. The cenment driveway is designed for truckers with lots of cracks and chips. The bathroom walls had some hook holes in them. The corners were not true and built well. The place really needs a major renovation and should not fly the Best Western flag. I'm in a newer best western tonight in missouri and it's worlds apart. The tv also was too loud on the lowest setting of 1 leaving you with mute as an option. There was a newer looking Holiday Inn express up the street that we should have tried based on appearances. There was good water pressure and friendly staff but that can't overcome the trains and the bland colorless appearance of the place. It needs a splash of color or plants to liven it up and some refurb inside. Still there is nothing to do about the trains but to petition different gates of rules for blowing horns in the middle of the night. If I owned this property, I wouldnt pour al ot of money into it as long as the trains run through it. Sorry for the poor ratings but I tell it as I experience it with no bias and bull.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tadtv
Sukhbarry, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Nursanickel Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
To,
Whomever it concerns,

I would like to know your Name,address ,contact number,Check -out date and the room number that you stayed.So, we can try to fix that problem if possible.

Thanks

GM
806-244-5637
Best Western Nursanickel Motel
Corner of hwy 87/385 and hwy 54
Dalhart,Tx 79022-2735

Travelers are raving about these Dalhart hotels