“Very nice hotel”

Rodeway Inn Dalhart
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Dalhart
Reviewed October 29, 2006

I stayed here for one evening while traveling from LA to Nebraska. The weather was horrible that evening, thus why I stopped in Dalhart. Was able to get a room right next to the main office with a great view of my truck, as I was pulling a U-haul and wanted to keep on eye on my belongings! The clerk was very pleasant both at check-in and with the lady working the next morning. I left very early, so did not take advantage of the continental breakfast. The room had a king sized bed, a microwave, fridge, and larger sized TV. Oh...also had a couch and coffee table in the room. The tub and toilet were in a separate room with a long sink/mirror combo outside of there, which would be very nice for people traveling together! The room was very comfortable and the room very clean! The walls were a little thin as I could hear the people next to me laughing some, but wasn't really a distraction. The parking lot was lighted VERY well!!! Which I liked!! Convenient location on edge of town along the US 54. Smaller hotel so I don't believe any pools were available, but I didn't look for one either. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank CSTTraveler
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn Dalhart

Reviewed July 10, 2006

My wife and I were looking for a quick stopover after a long day of driving and planned on this property, due in part to the recommendations of this website. Almost a year after the last review I am happy to report that I was very pleased with our stay.

I should note that we got in around 2:30am and we were gone by 10am the next morning, so all we really did was unpack, shower, sleep, and take off, so I cannot comment on any of the amenities the room/hotel/town might otherwise offer. Others had previously commented on the relative closeness to the railroad tracks but that it hadn't REALLY bothered them. I'm a pretty light sleeper and trains are more oft than not to get my attention. I can tell you that IF a train went through during my stay, I never heard it. The hotel was set back enough that I probably wouldn't have worried about it even if I had not seen responses from the previous guests here, but rest assured that you will probably not be woken in the middle of the night by a rude train!

The room itself was exceptionally clean and it appeared evident that a face-lift had taken place relatively recently. The linens appeared new(er) and the couch and other furniture did not have the trademark tells of having a number of guests pass through recently. The bathroom was as clean as I would hope all properties would strive to achieve. It should also be noted that the front desk staff was pleasant as well.

Another thing I liked about the property was that it had the old motel layout where you park in front of your room, making loading and unloading much easier than the typical hotel layout. With only one floor, there is no reason you should walk more than a half-dozen steps from the back of your car to the hotel room.

Why four stars instead of five? I reserve five stars for the creme de la creme of properties and should not reflect any shortcoming of the property itself. This is a strong four star recommendation from my wife and I. I'm afraid if you are looking for a five star property, you are going to have to go farther than Dalhart! I cannot imagine a better property than the Comfort Inn there.

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank Fuzzylogik
Reviewed July 9, 2006

We spent one night at this Comfort Inn after a long day traveling. The hotel room was very clean. The beds were good ones and afforded us a great night's sleep. The Breakfast was good and available from 6-9 am. They had a nice patch of grass for our puppy to use. My husband cleaned up after ours, but some of the folks didn't. It was right on highway 54 and easily accessable. There is a steak house right beside the hotel and within walking distance. We would definitely stay here again. Very good, courteous folks at the desk and prices were fair for the excellent hotel.
Barb from Phoenix AZ

Stayed: July 2006
Reviewed July 31, 2005

Remember you are on the High Plains so don't expect luxury. Nice hotel with very comfortable beds (don't fall into the black hole), great A/C (it was hot!), and relatively clean. Had in room mini-fridge. As noted, hotel is off main drag between Texas and Colorado but there is still some activity and trains. Personally the one or 2 trains durning the night are soothing. Overall very quiet stay. Standard cont. breakfast. Have stayed here 2x in last 3 years.

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank ColoradoDenver
Reviewed March 16, 2005

This is a great little motel. Its only one story with parking directly in front of the room, not one of the cookie-cutter 2-3 story inns normally associated with this chain. And, most importantly, its location is off the main drag and therefore away from the railroad tracks which parallel the main highway . My room was very clean, well decorated, quiet, and comfortable. The staff (the desk lady)was friendly and very helpful. There was a 25" tv with lots of channels, a soft drink machine which worked, and a very comfortable bed. I love little motels like this. HIghly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2004, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2002

Very clean, infact the cleanest place I have stayed at in a long time. Very friendly, 10-15 dollars more than the average, but the quality was there. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

2  Thank ggandsteve