“Great place to stop!!!”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Dalhart
Santa Clarita, CA
“Great place to stop!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2008

I almost went to one of the larger hotels up the street! I am so glad I stayed here! Quiet and easy access to our car, parked right in front of the room. Friendly service and spacious room.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank margierovarino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2007

Stayed one night during a road trip. The rooms were very nice, well decorated, and the beds very comfortable. For a small motel in a small town, it was a nice surprise. Far enough away from the railroad tracks that you are not disturbed by them, and we had a nice, quiet, night.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank ChristopherB
Panhandle TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2007

I travel to Dalhart about once a month on business and usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express or the Best Western because I am a member of their frequent guest programs. This trip, I was quoted $129 per night at Holiday Inn Express and decided to shop around.

I found the Comfort Inn to be very friendly, clean and comfortable. They have a rack of recent magazines to borrow in the office. It's awfully nice to have something to read besides the pamphlets and Gideons Bible.

Only downside I found is that the pool was closed during my visit, and there is no exercise/jacuzzi. However, If they can fix the pool, then this is my new home in Dalhart.

• Liked — Easy to find, clean.
  • Disliked — Pool was closed during visit
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
5 Thank rodnich
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2007

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Dalhart on our way to Colorado. We're glad we did! Pets are free, as long as you tell them up front that you have them. They have a nice pool, a good "pet-walking" area next to it in an open lot, and a decent continental breakfast w/ waffles. Beds were comfortable, and they have a microwave/ frig combo in the room. It was clean, well-kept, and mostly quiet. The front desk people were super-nice and friendly. There is a good steak house right next door that we ordered take-out from for dinner. Several places in Dalhart are right by the railroad, but this one is several blocks off the main road, so it's quiet, with not so much traffic. Enjoyed our stay, and we will stay here again when we're coming through Dalhart.

• Liked — Quiet area, nice rooms
  • Disliked — requested a room on the end, but were put between 2 families instead
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank mkhtx
Keller, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2006

We visited the Comfort Inn on Dec 18, going and again Dec 24th 2006 on our return. We were traveling from Keller, TX. To Breckinridge, CO. on a ski trip. This was about the half way point. The units were clean and every thing worked. I was surprised to learn that the staff (Desk and Maid) all had been with the hotel for 10+ years. If there would have been any issues at all, I would have booked a different hotel on our return trip.
Tony

• Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank allsteel
Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2006

I stayed here for one evening while traveling from LA to Nebraska. The weather was horrible that evening, thus why I stopped in Dalhart. Was able to get a room right next to the main office with a great view of my truck, as I was pulling a U-haul and wanted to keep on eye on my belongings! The clerk was very pleasant both at check-in and with the lady working the next morning. I left very early, so did not take advantage of the continental breakfast. The room had a king sized bed, a microwave, fridge, and larger sized TV. Oh...also had a couch and coffee table in the room. The tub and toilet were in a separate room with a long sink/mirror combo outside of there, which would be very nice for people traveling together! The room was very comfortable and the room very clean! The walls were a little thin as I could hear the people next to me laughing some, but wasn't really a distraction. The parking lot was lighted VERY well!!! Which I liked!! Convenient location on edge of town along the US 54. Smaller hotel so I don't believe any pools were available, but I didn't look for one either. Would certainly stay here again.

• Liked — location, cleanliness, allowed pets
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank CSTTraveler
College Station, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2006

My wife and I were looking for a quick stopover after a long day of driving and planned on this property, due in part to the recommendations of this website. Almost a year after the last review I am happy to report that I was very pleased with our stay.

I should note that we got in around 2:30am and we were gone by 10am the next morning, so all we really did was unpack, shower, sleep, and take off, so I cannot comment on any of the amenities the room/hotel/town might otherwise offer. Others had previously commented on the relative closeness to the railroad tracks but that it hadn't REALLY bothered them. I'm a pretty light sleeper and trains are more oft than not to get my attention. I can tell you that IF a train went through during my stay, I never heard it. The hotel was set back enough that I probably wouldn't have worried about it even if I had not seen responses from the previous guests here, but rest assured that you will probably not be woken in the middle of the night by a rude train!

The room itself was exceptionally clean and it appeared evident that a face-lift had taken place relatively recently. The linens appeared new(er) and the couch and other furniture did not have the trademark tells of having a number of guests pass through recently. The bathroom was as clean as I would hope all properties would strive to achieve. It should also be noted that the front desk staff was pleasant as well.

Another thing I liked about the property was that it had the old motel layout where you park in front of your room, making loading and unloading much easier than the typical hotel layout. With only one floor, there is no reason you should walk more than a half-dozen steps from the back of your car to the hotel room.

Why four stars instead of five? I reserve five stars for the creme de la creme of properties and should not reflect any shortcoming of the property itself. This is a strong four star recommendation from my wife and I. I'm afraid if you are looking for a five star property, you are going to have to go farther than Dalhart! I cannot imagine a better property than the Comfort Inn there.

• Stayed July 2006