“good place to stay”

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed October 23, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We always stop at Days Inn in Dalhart TX. On our way to AZ for the winter. And we have always enjoyed our stay. The front desk staff is ususally very accomodating and very friendly. And on this trip we had the pleasure of meeting a new front desk clerk that was not working here on our last trip. Her name was Jeanna, I think, and she was so pleasant and helpful and gave us a discount card for a local resturant not far from the hotel. It was a steakhouse and it was very good food. It was nice to have someone greet us with a smile and offer any help if we needed it. However we experienced and so did another guest unfortunately the desk clerk on the next morning was rude and spoke rudely to a guest who was asking for help on a refund matter of some sort. She kind of "hopped" around and seemed very annoyed with the guest at the front desk.And made no qualms to make it known to the older gentleman who standing there. We only heard part of the conversation as we ate our breakfast. Which by the waythe breakfast was a nice variety of oatmeal and other food options to choose from. But the atmosphere was not nice during this confrontation. We both felt that if she was having a bad day she shouldnt take it out on a guest asking for assistance. It was in just bad taste and left a bad taste in our mouth as we left and dropped off our room keys to her. She was gruff with us as well. Not good business manners if you ask me. Otherwise, we would recommend this hotel for anyone passing through Dalhart. Just hope the gruff desk clerk isnt in a bad mood when you come to stay. What's that saying? " Leave your personal issues at the door when you come to work". I think this young lady should be revised of that saying and put it use in her work enviorment. It made us question wether we would stay at this hotel again as we have for the past 3 years.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
A Wyndham traveler
WINTERSET
Reviewed October 20, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed at this Days Inn for several years now and have never been dissapointed with my stay. The staff has always been dependable and knowledgeable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
RICHARDSON
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was our 3rd stay at this hotel. We've always been satisfied and never been charged a pet fee. We've no objection to paying a pet fee, but did take exception to the fact that there was no sign displayed at the check-in desk indicating that a pet fee was charged. Once in the room, we received a call from the desk clerk stating she'd have to charge us $15.00 for our cat. I went to the desk to see if this info. was posted. It was not posted at the desk, though it was printed on the bill--which I received AFTER we checked in. It also noted there was a $50.00 penalty for failure to declare you pet. I suggested that the proprietor had an obligation to post the fee at the desk so a prospective guest could see it and make an informed decision before the room was paid for. The manager stated (from another room. I never saw his face. He didn't have the courtesy to come out and talk to me directly) that "We are not required to do so.") I told him, through the desk clerk, since he wouldn't show his face, that I felt this was not an honest way to do business. I then paid the fee. You might want to discuss this with the proprietor or manager of this location as this policy seems quite unfriendly to the customer. My problem wasn't with the fee, but with the sneaky way this establishment handled it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2012

After several trips to AZ staying at a very nice Days Inn, I decided to stop here after a long day of driving. I should have stopped in Tucumcari. this place was a dump. smelly room, poor saging beds, filthy bathroom & broken door locks I should have left but had already paid $120 for the dump. they wouldn,'t let me park my Jeep and small trailer in their lot so I had to park on the other side of the building and walk around the building to get back in.

The next morning after not reciving my wake up call that i requested i tried to make a waffle for breakfast ,I should have knowen better I had to ask the person at the front desk 3 times what was wrong with the batter dispencer. when she finally came out she stuck her finger up the nozzle of the dispencer and pulled out old crusted batter. Realy do you expect people to eat that after you have just stuck your finger up there? Coffie was like hot tap water. and rolls must have been left over from lasdt week.

Wyndahm should be ashamed to allow this hotel to continue to operate in this manor. I will never stay at this Days INN again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo