“The one and only for me”
Review of Days Inn Dalhart

Days Inn Dalhart
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Dalhart
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed at this Days Inn for several years now and have never been dissapointed with my stay. The staff has always been dependable and knowledgeable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

A TripAdvisor Member
RICHARDSON
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was our 3rd stay at this hotel. We've always been satisfied and never been charged a pet fee. We've no objection to paying a pet fee, but did take exception to the fact that there was no sign displayed at the check-in desk indicating that a pet fee was charged. Once in the room, we received a call from the desk clerk stating she'd have to charge us $15.00 for our cat. I went to the desk to see if this info. was posted. It was not posted at the desk, though it was printed on the bill--which I received AFTER we checked in. It also noted there was a $50.00 penalty for failure to declare you pet. I suggested that the proprietor had an obligation to post the fee at the desk so a prospective guest could see it and make an informed decision before the room was paid for. The manager stated (from another room. I never saw his face. He didn't have the courtesy to come out and talk to me directly) that "We are not required to do so.") I told him, through the desk clerk, since he wouldn't show his face, that I felt this was not an honest way to do business. I then paid the fee. You might want to discuss this with the proprietor or manager of this location as this policy seems quite unfriendly to the customer. My problem wasn't with the fee, but with the sneaky way this establishment handled it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed June 28, 2012

After several trips to AZ staying at a very nice Days Inn, I decided to stop here after a long day of driving. I should have stopped in Tucumcari. this place was a dump. smelly room, poor saging beds, filthy bathroom & broken door locks I should have left but had already paid $120 for the dump. they wouldn,'t let me park my Jeep and small trailer in their lot so I had to park on the other side of the building and walk around the building to get back in.

The next morning after not reciving my wake up call that i requested i tried to make a waffle for breakfast ,I should have knowen better I had to ask the person at the front desk 3 times what was wrong with the batter dispencer. when she finally came out she stuck her finger up the nozzle of the dispencer and pulled out old crusted batter. Realy do you expect people to eat that after you have just stuck your finger up there? Coffie was like hot tap water. and rolls must have been left over from lasdt week.

Wyndahm should be ashamed to allow this hotel to continue to operate in this manor. I will never stay at this Days INN again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 8, 2012

everyone was very friendly and suggest the days inn to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Have stayed for 5 weeks with several rooms. Rooms are always clean and have been recently remodeled. The staff has always been courteous and very helpful. The breakfast bar is stocked very well, with plenty of variety. I would like to thank the Manager Sharon Ritch and her staff for all of their help. Valerie, Micky and Felecia. We will always reccomend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I grew up in Dalhart and when I visit, I sometimes get a Hotel Room. I have stayed mostly in the Holiday Inn next door, but thought that I would give the Days Inn a shot since they were a little bit cheaper.

When we arrived the woman at the front desk was on the phone with a personal call and didn't know that we were waiting there for at least 5-10 minutes before she realized that we needed to be checked in. She was very friendly, however, I still thought a bit un-professional. Also, there were signs that the Owner wants you to take your shoes off to walk down the hall towards your room or he would kick you out of the Hotel. Very WEIRD.

Also has a horrible smell of chlorine. Most likely due to the indoor pool.

It's true that you hear trains throughout Dalhart. There really isn't a place in Dalhart that you can't hear the trains. So you can't really blame the Hotel for that. My problem was our room was on the side of the Hotel that is next to Alco's next door. There was a ton of banging and loud noises really early in the mornings perhaps related to Alco's, I'd request a room on the other side of the hall.

The room we were in was "Accessible". But not really. There were bars in the bathroom but that is about it. We asked for a shower bench, but they couldn't find it. When I made the reservation I asked if they would have one available and I was told "yes". So that was a bit annoying. Also, the towels were up high, so if you are in a wheelchair, you can't even reach them. The bed seemed lumpy and uncomfortable. Can't say this place is WONDERFUL, but it's not HORRIBLE either. I'll probably stay next door next time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2011

the only positive thing I can say about this hotel is that the staff were friendly. our room was nothing to write home about and was in desperate need of renovation. the trains kept us awake all night, whoever said they don't blow the whistle in the yard was dead wrong. there was very little food for breakfast in the morning. They had waffles in the shape of Texas, white bread, a few stale pastries and two bisquits with white gravy. ( we were there 1 hour after it opened), two choices of cereal, sweet and sweeter, and some apples that had seen a better day. very disappointing considering the price we paid at this hotel. we also stayed at the Comfort inn in Lordsburg for $30 less, the rooms and beds were far superior and a full breakfast, absolutely no comparison. don't know how the Days Inn gets away with charging a minimum of $109 per night (before taxes) would never stay there again or recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family