“A bit disappointed”

Add it.
Ranked #165 of 277 Restaurants in Cypress
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Last Saturday we reserved a table for 8, with my surprise once we arrived we had to wait 20 min for the table... so the reservation was basically useless...
Once at the grill table the table was kind of oily and food was all around on the floor; the cook was either tired or already angry, he missed two out of two steaks, (we asked for one rare one medium, we got 2 well done), so we had to ask for new steaks. He could not perform the usual tricks with the eggs, rice etc, my son asked "why this guy can't get it right ...?"
He left the veggies far too much on the grill so they come half burned, but at that point we had enough and we just let him leave.
Later I saw the guy attending another grill table, he performed very poorly as earlier with us.
I do not think they are going to see us again.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Went this past Saturday after passing by for 2 years. Wasn't crowded on that late afternoon, so I decided to pop in. Restaurant was really warm inside and the first table I sat at was so wobbly I had to move. Both tables were sticky from the previous patrons. Food arrived very quickly: I had the 7 piece sushi combo and a California roll. The roll was good, but the nigiri sushi was not as good. I've had much fresher fish at places down the road. I might return to check out the "live show" dinner, but not the sushi.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The atmosphere is nice and the place is very new and clean. There are a number of cooked and raw sushi options, and I really appreciated that the menu was divided as such. The Shaggy Dog roll was excellent. Service was decent. They do take reservations if you're going during a peak Hibachi hour. They also have a full liquor bar and a few beer and wine options.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

a group of us went for enjoyment of great sushi which is what shoguns is really good at. We asked for some changes and subsitutions that the waiter could not comprehend. We were all a bit frustrated with the experience and some said the service and communication issues were enough to keep them from going back. My suggestion is the wait staff work on communcation/english just a bit please.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Very good food and lots of it! Good spot for families or small groups of folks. Service is good...and attentive. Very clean and family type atmosphere.