“Continually disappointing...”

Gringo's Mexican Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 257 Restaurants in Cypress
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Continually disappointing...”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We've been to Gringos many times and the service is totally inconsistent! One time it's good, next time terrible, and so forth. We keep giving it another chance because its super close to our house, has a (tiny) playground, and free ice cream that my son loves. Often loooong waits- the hostess will say 30 minutes and you'll be sat 90 mins later. The queso is good, and I love the fish tacos. The food is consistently good, at least! The place is nicely decorated, too. Just need to get their service together!!!!

“Horrible service. Absolutely terrible.”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This place is always crowded. I use to think it was because of the food, but after three attempts at a great dining experience, I've found it's so busy because their operations just completely suck. The food is good. The bar staff is awful. Service in general is just absolutely terrible. My review- this place is by far the worst option you have for Mexican food in Cypress. Go to Alicia's or La Hacienda.

Houston, Texas
“Fun place with good food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was taken here to jointly celebrate my birthday with my nieces. They handled our large party of 10 very well and kept our drinks filled and the chips and salsa full. The food was good and they sang Happy Birthday in a tasteful not embarrassing manner as some places do. They also have free ice cream cones that my Mom loved.

• Visited February 2013
Cypress, Texas
“Not so good anymore”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

It is just another Tex Mex restaurant, nothing special. Very nice place, good drinks, plenty of Tortilla Chips and Salsa, but when you get to the good, is just average. The fajitas where ok at the beginning, but where not so good anymore last time we visited. Has an area for kids to play, which is convenient.

Visited April 2012
Houston, Texas
“Bad service 3 times”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We (my family and I ) have tried this place 3 times and recieved bad service. Waited for a table and our buzzer never rang, waiter brought the wrong food to us, sat at the bar and were ignored. Food seamed good but service was so bad I will probably never go back. Also has a long wait, not worth it.

Visited August 2012