“Really enjoyed my first time here”

Dario's American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Dario's American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 281 Restaurants in Cypress
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Loved the mussels appetizer. We both tried the specials which were Seabass and Steak & Lobster. Both dishes were delicious. Steak ordered rare and served rare. Risotto was good too.

Service was excellent!

Will be back again. Menu had a lot of great options I want to try.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Very good food. Good friendly service. A bit pricey but worth it. More upscale than we expected but that is refreshing every once in awhile. Looking forward to return visit soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

First time to the restaurant was last week. Service from Junior was equal to 4 or 5 star restaurant. Service was done prior to guest asking for something. Polite, presentable, and efficient, it was a very good environment. We conducted a business meeting during lunch and we were able to conduct it relatively privately and it was quiet enough where we could hear and talk well with each other.

The menu is very diverse with excellent presentation. Calamari, crab cakes, and fresh mussles as appetizers were one of the best I have tasted. My entree was chicken parmagian; very good and tasty.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We ate at Dario's for the first time last night. We ordered 2 filets cooked medium, 1 cooked medium rare, and salmon. Avacado Pancake and Carpaccio for apps, and the Mac N Cheese for a side. Every steak was overcooked. The Avacado Pancake was a mushy mess that needed some sort of chip or pita to eat with and the Mac N Cheese was not good. We asked for a side of bernaise to go with our steaks...I took one bit and almost choked. It was PURE OIL. Awful. Everyone at the table had to try it to belive how horrible it really was. We sent it back for the chef to tast. A manager came by and asked why we didn't like it so I told him and also told him all of our steaks were overcooked, and then just said he was sorry - didn't bother to offer to redo them. The only reason I'm not giving this 1 star is because the wine was good as was the Carpaccio. We will not be back. Spend your money elsewhere, like Eddie V's, or Flemmings.

1  Thank emsmcq
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

I remember when it used to be the old Alicia's, so thought we would give it a try. Our crab cake and pear and Gorgonzola salad where amazing. My pasta with crab was good. My husband had the veal and cleaned his plate. The service was impeccable however it seems a little pricey. Will definitely go back.