Tripadvisor
Cypress
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews short stay great hotel hotel room a great stay business trip waffles place to stay lobby dispenser property television carpet freeway refrigerator wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed January 6, 2020

Great hotel! Great location. Expected a no frills hotel, but our expectations were greatly exceeded! Amenities were great, rooms were clean and comfortable. Location was great, with plenty of nearby eating options and close to the outlet mall!

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2020

Due to late travel, I made my reservations at the last minute, so when I arrived the welcome from guest services/reception was lackluster. This was my very first time staying at a Tru hotel, so I received no information about the hotel and I was barely told where the elevators were located. I didn't receive anything about wifi services, or any of the specifics on the hotel amenities. After check in I was just handed the key card & told my room number, but nothing with the room # written to help direct me, as it was late & surely I'd forget the number as soon as I walked away. When I asked if I could have a complimentary bottle of water, they were first attempting to charge me, but then presented me with a bag with 2 bottles of water that they said were complimentary to guests. Upon entering my room, there was a strong sewage odor lingering in the air the entire stay. The next day as I was walking to the desk for checkout, the lady whom appeared to be the Manager on Duty, walked past me & looked right at me but did not speak or offer a smile or greeting. As I went to get a cup of coffee, the station wasn't fully stocked and when I asked the same MOD lady for a refill of the sugar container, she stopped to hold a conversation with the front desk clerk & seemed to have no urgency, which left me standing waiting. As I looked at her, she glanced back to see me watching & she then walked to the back. When she returned with the sugar container she offered me an apology. Just to add, the hotel was not busy & there were no guest checking in at the time. I was very disappointed in the quality of service at this hotel. This reservation was made through my Hilton Honors, in which I am a long time member. I travel a lot, so in the past I preferred Hilton over other brands, but I've been swayed to choose other brands since experiencing their membership perks and excellent customer service. This location has proof as to why I'd rather choose a Marriott.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tru by Hilton
TrubyHiltonCypress, General Manager at Tru by Hilton Cypress Houston, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Dear Shacquline D,

Thank you so much for your input on our hotel. Without our guests responses we would not know where are shortcomings are. We will look into the sewer smell and will conduct a training session with all of our team members to ensure our guest are receiving the highest level of service we can give.

We hope you give us another chance to Tru ly serve in the future.

Sincerely
Michelle V

Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

We had three rooms and two of the rooms had problems with the A/C overnight. The elevators were dirty, the did not have enough people in the morning. The lady that was doing the breakfast also had to do front desk, yet in the evening they had two people just sitting around. They couldn’t even give recommendations for restaurants in the area. Kind of apathetic greeting and although all rooms were under one reservation they insisted on running each room under a different charge. I am very used to the Hilton brand and this was the worst one I have been to!

Trip type: Traveled with family
TrubyHiltonCypress, General Manager at Tru by Hilton Cypress Houston, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2019

Dear Texas423,

First let me apologize for the issues that you had during your stay with us as this is not the level of service I expect to have out of our team. I would really like to investigate more into your experience. Would you be open to sharing the dates you were at the hotel with me so that I am able to look into the specific of everything involved.

Please feel free to respond at IAHCC_tru@hilton.com

Michelle V

Reviewed December 20, 2019

The property was neat and clean, beautifully decorated and provided a relaxing atmosphere. The employees wee helpful and eager to assist. Access to the hotel was easy! The parking area was accessible and well lit!

Reviewed December 14, 2019

Don't expect to be able to relax in your room here. If all you are looking for is a bed and a shower, that's pretty much all you are going to get. No in-room amenities, they expect you to go to the lobby for everything. Cheapest furniture I've ever seen in a hotel room.

• Trip type: Traveled on business