“Overcharged, yelled at and hung up on.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Cuero
Baymont Inn & Suites Cuero
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Cuero
Kyle, Texas
“Overcharged, yelled at and hung up on.”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The rooms are big, but that is about the only nice thing I can say. We were initially quoted a $129.99 room block rate for a wedding, but then the hotel cancelled the block and upped the rate without telling us. When I called to speak to the manager about it, he was incredibly rude and disrespectful. He yelled at me, interrupted me, told me I was wasting his time and hung up on me. I've already filed a complaint with Best Western corporate and the Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CJLegare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2013

really quite expensive for what's on offer, simple clean accommodation i had no issues. Staff helpful and helped me start the car when i left the lights on overnight. Prices bound to come back down as other hotels in the area open up. Unless you travel to Victoria then this is really the better one, and given its high occupancy rate its no wonder the price is high.

Stayed previously and might do again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was surprised at the other reviews on this hotel. I stayed in this hotel while visiting my husband, who is working in Cuero. The staff was very nice, and the hotel was nice also. My husbands room is a king suite. It has a king size bed a 1/2 divider wall with a desk and couch that has a pull out bed which has perfect for our 3 small children who were visiting with me. The bathrooms are a good size which I like:) They have large flat screens, microwaves, and small mini fridges. They have a business center, work-out room, and large outdoor swimming pool. Complimentary breakfast with a wide variety of food which I loved because I had my 3 kids. All in all I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2012

If you like ants and dead bugs on the floor of your room then I would recommend this hotel. The clean staff is unfriendly. The only good thing about this place is the front desk people were friendly, everything else sucks.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Rojero

Travelers are raving about these Cuero hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This Best Western was terrible for us. They were in the process of painting the rooms and there was tape and tools all over the place. The breakfast is all high-cholesterol and they had no hot decaf coffee because the machine was not plugged in. The people were nice, but for $179.00 per night we expected a lot more, and a much better breakfast.
We will not stay there again, and would prefer to drive to Victoria and get a much better place for a lot less money. It seems that they are gouging their clients just because of the high demand due to the fracking industry.

Room Tip: Drive to Victoria, which is 15 minutes away for much better rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank mchatell
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed here for a job for a week just needed a place for my wife and I. Once we got settled we noticed black bugs all over the floors and in the bed. I went and asked up front for the room to be cleaned while I was gone told them about the bugs to what looked to be a 15 year old boy, came back an hour later only to find the bed made up! I went again and complained again and was told I was at the end of the hall by a door he knew it was gross but nothing they could do about it!!! Never again will I stay here and will be contacting the main franchise!! Nasty!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Amanda H
Willis, TX
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Clean rooms, nice staff. truck parking in back. will stay again

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business