“Late night supper”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We went over from Galveston, unfortunately the ferry was running late but we made it before closing. The wait time was about 45 minutes. This was a little disappointing as we had some little ones with us and they were tired and ready to eat.

We finally got a table when they put the closed sign out - weren't sure if we were going to be served before the kitchen closed but the hostess assured us we would be the last for the night.

Maybe it was because we were the last group to be seated for the night but the food and service were good - not great but good. Took about 30-45 minutes to get our food. We will try again but will plan ahead for an earlier time (not peak) - that may make all the difference in the world. We'll see.

1  Thank lady_k_online

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Food is best around and the service is great and the views are amazing. Worth the wait for a table

1  Thank Janet B
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I was so excited about going to the famous stingray. We were there early so we got right to a table. We didn't eat ALL day so we could eat this delicious food. We got seated & the tables where so close together that if you ever wanted to get out of your seat for any reason it was a major ordeal with the next table. But I didn't care. I was too excited about the deliously good food. Our waitress was nice & we ordered our food. 30 or 45 min. later! we got our food. I had orderd the fried shrimp. It looked different when it came but I just thought everyone does it different so I dismissed it & this was suppose to be the best, so I took a bite & to my surprise it was fried oysters! I never saw our waitress again so I told the bus boy my problem, so she had it changed for me. By the time I got it I was really hungery. Now, when it was sitting infront of me I noticed veins not only in my shrimp but mixed in the batter! !!!! My husband got the stuffed shrimp & gave me one of his coz he didn't care for it & it was hard as a rock! My nephew got the chicken fried steak & it was soggy. For a hundred dollars or more next time we'll just go buy our own steak & shrimp & grill it. Now I wouldn;t even rate this but I can't submit this without a rating. I never done this before, I just wanted to inform.

4  Thank debby m
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our waitress was very helpful with our parties food allergies (shellfish at a seafood restaurant). She made sure that the person remained safe and enjoyed a great meal at the same time. Great service and really good food. Ask for a window seat if you want a great view.

1  Thank twoboys4me
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This has become our date night restaurant. Great view of the intercoastal with barges and boats passing by, awesome sunset view, and delicious seafood makes this restaurant worth the trip. The avocado delight is my favorite menu item!!

1  Thank Sherdary