Visited Out by the Sea B&B last weekend with my sweetheart and one each of our teenaged kids. We had the most amazing time! Carole really treated us like we were family. It's obvious why she gets so many return guests. I can't wait to get back.
The house is on large piers, with extensive decking - all of which is covered and surrounded by the lushest garden in the neighborhood. Lot's of room to relax in the hammocks and unwind under there. The interior is open and bright, with a large kitchen that opens into the living area with a cathedral ceiling. We stayed in the Regatta room in the main house, which has two very comfortable queen beds and its own full bath. The whole place is cozy and inviting.
The beach is a short walk from the B&B, but. Carole - and her daughter April who was visiting - took us to the beach in their cart anytime we wanted. The beach and the water looked better than I remember from earlier visits to the Gulf. Seems Hurricane Ike cleaned things up, a bit. And so many structures on the island are new.
Breakfast was wonderful, and Carole had plenty of good coffee. During it, we watched a Weather Channel documentary about Ike, and Carole was one of the survivors featured. She has an amazing story to tell.
I can't recommend this place highly enough. We're already dreaming of our next visit.
Thank you Carole, April, and Dinky the Dog!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Out By The Sea is a lovely coastal bed and breakfast in Crystal Beach. We are located on the Bolivar Peninsula. The peninsula is 30 miles of sandy beach and the audubon migration route for many species of birds. We are a well-known biding mecca with several sites for bird watching. We are a great family vacation site with our gentle warm water of the gulf, great fishing and shelling. Out By The Sea has 5 areas; The Regatta; a ;large room with 2 queen beds, The LaFitte; a lovely room for 2. These rooms are located in the main home. The Honeymoon Suite and the smaller room, Amour de le Mer are located in the attached building with a private deck which looks over the gulf and beach!The Honeymoon Suite is very romantically decorated and has a very large double heart shaped jacuzzi. There is also a large family area, The Pirates Den, has room for 5 guests, a bedroom, a living room area, a fully equipped kitchen and full bath.Small pets are allowed in this area only. Our tropical gardens make this truly a tropical paradise. Please join us to relax in one of our hammocks while the tropical breeze relaxes you as the waves gently break on the shore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Out by the Sea Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Out By The Sea Hotel Crystal Beach
- Out By The Sea b&b
- Out By The Sea Bed And Breakfast Crystal Beach, Texas