“Lived at THE WARFIELD”

Warfield House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crockett
Warfield House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Crockett B&B and Inns
“Lived at THE WARFIELD”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

While on a job location, I lived at the Warfield for 2 years......Doug and Ken were the perfect hosts, the accomodations were fabulous, and, I met many nice Crockett families through Doug.
I, too, have stayed at many bed and breakfast throughout the U.S. and must say, this home and the Warfield's hosts were by far the best facilities I have encountered. Their attention to detail and their 'Texas' hospitality exceeded 5-star status. Thank you Doug/Ken for a wonderful two years.....I miss those Wed. Wine get togethers.....what a great time to laugh and remember great times!! and, a bit of Texas history!!! Sorry I am late in getting this review completed....I was in Crockett before 2012. jm

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank j m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I both were looking for a place in Crockett to stay while we were getting ready and setting up a 60th wedding anniv. for his parents who lived in Lovelady. When my husband called to get information on the Warfield House Doug who answered the phone was so very,very helpful and said he had 4 rooms left. So my husband made reservation for 3 rooms and then we called some friends who were coming also and they took the 4th room. After the anniv. party was over we headed to the Warfield and were greeted by Doug at the front door which made us all feel very welcomed. Then because I love quilts and one of the other ladies who was with us was a quilter Doug happly showed us several beautiful gorgeous quilts that his partner Ken made who is a master quiltmaker. WOW. Everyroom is decorated with quilts on the beds, some hanging from the walls and some on the backs of chairs or couchs. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast of quiche and fresh fruit, coffee and juice were wonderful and refreshing. We also at breakfast spent time with Doug who kept all of us at the table listening to his stories of the town, his family, the quilt's ect. We will be back to this charming bed and breakfast. Thank you Doug you know what Hospitality is.

Room Tip: All Rooms are charming with their own Character. The town is very quiet and welcoming
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank CindyBMittelstedt
Arlington
Reviewed November 26, 2011

have been to 25 countries in the world, 49 states in the USA and used to travel 10 1/2 months out of 12. Needless to say, I have stayed in hundreds of hotels from 5 star hotels to the worst dumps I have ever seen. This bed and breakfast is by far the most beautiful, comfortable, quiet and refined hotel I have ever stayed at. Every detail has been prepared with love and care. The room was incredible! The quilts are amazing. My wife and I enjoyed our stay very much and I would recommed this B&B to anyone! We have found home when we go to Crockett!

Esteban Blanco

Room Tip: I cannot remember the name of the room but it it upstairs.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Esteban B
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We stayed at the Warfield House for one night while in town for a wedding and loved our stay. The owners are warm and welcoming, very knowledgeable about the town and pleasant to chat with. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and the AC was cold. We had to leave before breakfast was served, but it smelled delicious. We will definitely stay here again next time we come to town.

Room Tip: We were in Grace's Room. Since it was at the back of the house and upstairs, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank McLauren920
Reviewed March 8, 2011

I would recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a weekend (or longer) getaway. It's an appealing, historic home on a quiet, small town street. The house is beautifully decorated with period pieces. There were many absolutely gorgeous quilts displayed on the beds and walls from the hand of master quiltmaker Ken.
The owners Doug and Ken, were very nice and friendly. They knew their town well and recommended the best place to eat and area attractions. Made us feel at home!
Our room (Cheryl's Room) had a separate sitting room, with our own TV, and a HUGE private bathroom attached, with a dressing area and a shower large enough for two.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DalTexTravelers
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Old world charm and fantastic hosts. My husband and I spent one night at the Warfield and we would have loved to enjoy a longer stay. The house is beautiful with lots of great linens, quilts, glassware, etc. Tons to look at! Doug and Ken were both super nice and we loved playing with their big "puppy", Wallace. The bed was comfy, the room was nice and cool, the pool was great, and the location was perfect for taking a walk to look at other beautiful homes. My husband and I are planning to take another trip there around Christmas.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Newfun4me
Dallas, TX
Reviewed July 29, 2007

The hosts were great. Doug, you're a great chef too. Ken, your talent as a quilt maker is still making my wife envious. If you want a great place to hang your hat in E. TX, give the Warfield House a try. Clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. See ya'll on Thursday. Give Mr. Wallace a belly scratch for me.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank panonthesand

Been to Warfield House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!