“Group hunt at MY-Ranch”

Got a photo?
Add it.
MY Ranch Hunting Preserve
Reviewed June 11, 2013

11 of us scheduled a weekend hog hunt at MY-Ranch. After the scheduling, one of the party read the bad reviews that are posted here and we became very nervous that we had wasted our money. We arrived skeptical, but found the lodging as described and promptly headed out to the stands. The first night a total of 6 hogs were taken, one exceeding 200#. Walter had his people skin and cut up our hogs and we never had to touch the dirty things. We also took advantage of the multiple skeet/trap shooting lanes and target range. I think everyone in our group had a great time. We are considering scheduling a return trip.

11  Thank lanman89
There are newer reviews for MY Ranch Hunting Preserve

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I want to advise all other hunters or would be hunters to AVOID MY Ranch in Crockett, Texas. The owner’s (Walter’s) website shows numerous photos of hogs (day and night) and harvested hogs. In reality as of 10/20/12 there are little to no hogs on his 1300 acres. Our group of 7 hunters covered the majority of his location on foot and in vehicles for three days. We stayed out till midnight each night and up again at 6 am in order to ensure we didn’t miss them. After the first day we realized that at his 13 feeders there was still corn on the ground, no rutting, and no hog tracks. We abandoned our attempts at using the blinds and then walked the woods and fields trying to find hogs. In three days we observed tracks (some old some newer) for maybe 4-10 hogs on all 1,300 acres.

The property is very scenic and covered with deer that he won’t let you hunt. The accomodations are nice. BUT I would have rather slept in a tent and not showered for three days if it meant taking a hog home.

After reviewing other reviews (while bored in my tree stand) I read numerous negative reviews of his business. It would appear for the last few years there have been few hogs to be found at his location. His website obviously misleads the hunter to believe that there are hogs when there are little to no hogs there. We all went home feeling mislead and with 7 empty coolers…..lesson learned.

You will pay for the privelege to hunt on his property....but to hunt there has to be something to be hunted...if not your are just walking around with a gun and an empty pocket book...like Hansel and Grettle. You will see Walter on the first day when he collects his money after that he is a ghost (probable to avoid his clients after day 1 because thats when they realize they have been scammed). DO NOT HUNT this property.

7  Thank Quack_Nation
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The M.Y. Ranch website is very misleading. It shows pictures of hogs galore but in reality the Hogs do not exist. I spent 3 days hunting this ranch and never observed one hog. The ranch is covered up in deer but no hogs. This trip cost roughly $3,000 bucks for our group, not one pig was taken! Please do some research before spending money. We saw Walter ( the ranch owner) the first day then he vanished. We never saw him again. I can only assume he knew we would be very upset. I hope Walter enjoys the money he gets for scamming people.

6  Thank Michael A
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I gave a $700 deposit a march 16-18 2012 hunt and had a death in the family and could not make hunt nor reschedule. I told Walter of this a month in advance and he said there would be no problem getting someone to fill my slot and would refund my money. Haven't seen a penny. Hope it is worth it Walter and hope you burn in hell. I had no Idea there where so many angry people until I found this site to write a review about you. Hope you don't get any more suckers at your place. What a waste of human debris you are.

6  Thank Jimmy J
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Walter,
I just needed to write and express my disbelief that you advertize a "quality hog hunt", that is essentially absent any real hog population. Your ranch is lovely and the set up ideal. That all said, I have hunted feral hogs for 30 years in Texas and never observed so little hog sign and with 9 guns hitting the feeders until 9:30 at night 3 days, and hardly a sighting of hogs. I personally never saw even a track in the wet ground. I did observe the rooting below #2 and #7 other wise your fields were pristine and undisturbed by traditional Texas hog populations. The daffodils were up and blooming. My experience with foraging feral hogs, the perennial bulbs would not have a chance to bloom before they were rooted and eaten. Either you have over hunted them or a alien space craft has beamed them all up to the mother ship. I rode the Razr over all your ranch before coming to these conclusions.

Our group would have been an annual reservation for you had we not all come home with empty coolers. A nice mobile home and hot water at the end of the day for serious pig hunters is not enough. You might consider suspending hunts until your population rebounds.

This was my 1st hunt in 30yrs I did not see a pig on a ranch advertizing feral hog hunts.

D. Ray Hickman